PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Sun hats in toddler sizes?

egoldber
01-13-2003, 12:57 PM
We are going to the Caribbean at the end of the month. Sarah's hat from last year "barely" fits and I'd like to get her a new sun hat.

She HATES the Flapdoodle hats that have the sun protector that hangs down on the back of the neck. The best hat success we have is with floppy brimmed hats that fasten (preferable with velcro) under the chin. We had a $3 hat from Target last year that was the best, but Target doesn't have their summer stuff out yet.

Anyone seen anything like this? On-line or mass retail is fine.

TIA!

sophiesmom
01-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Old Navy had a lot of sunhats last year, I really like the one I used for DD. I don't know if they will have them out yet in th stores or not. Although I do know some stores put out bathing suits soon, I always buy my little cousin one for her bday (1/29) so maybe they'll be out soon!

nohomama
01-13-2003, 01:23 PM
We bought a hat for Lola last summer made by Flaphappy. The hat is similar to the one you bought at Target (it fastens with ties rather than velcro) with a wide floppy brim and no flap in the back. Their website, www.flaphappy.com, say they have limited quantities of their summer 2002 collection. They have fabric swatches online but they don't show any of the styles that are available, so you'll have to call them if you're interested.

HTH,

jojo2324
01-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Just seconding the vote for Flaphappy...You could probably find a retailer through Flaphappy that sells them. I know of one store locally that has some in stock right now, but I'm sure you might be able to find one close to you.

egoldber
01-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Thanks all! I actually found one at an OshKosh store today. It's very similar to the Target hat I had last year (velcro and all). And it was only $8. I'll have to stock up at Target this summer for next winter's vacation. :)