PDA

View Full Version : Used my Gymbucks!

atlbaby
01-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Hi all,
Well, I went to the mall today and spent my Gymbucks (Beth, I couldn't hold off on the Daisy line till 40% off, was worried they'd be out of 18-24M!) I got so much stuff for $50 and then $25 was
free--great :) Plus, some of their winter lines were still there on clearance, so I got 2 prs of leggings that don't look terribly 'wintery' (ie. no snowmen on them LOL)
My question is this: There's this *adorable* raincoat and rainhat in the Daisy line that I swear I would've spent all my money on if the hat had been in DD's size. But I restrained myself because I can't for the life of me figure out why DD would actually *need* a raincoat/hat??? It is so sweet though, and there were even boots too...
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

ddmarsh
01-15-2003, 11:23 PM
I am *dying* for raincoat and boots, I just can't begin to imagine what size my daughter will be in to use them since she's not even here yet.

I have to say in justifying you purchasing them, however, that my boys have all worn out their Lands End raincoats and boots - I have bought them since my oldest was a toddler and they wear them constantly, they just love playing in them and they look so darn cute when we go out somewhere and they have them on :).

Debbie

atlbaby
01-16-2003, 12:19 AM
I didn't buy them yet--they didn't have Arielle's size in the hat, and I wanted to find out if there was *any* justification in the purchase--you say your toddler got a lot of wear out of a raincoat? At what age did the boys get their LE ones (DD will be 15 months on the 30th)? I guess my question is, will she really be walking in the rain this spring, and can the raincoat double as a regular jacket for spring...it is such a precious ensemble.

When are you expecting? How many boys do you have and how old are they?

-Rachel

emmiem
01-16-2003, 11:25 AM
I bought the raincoat from last years Spring line. Even though I bought it on sale, I felt it was a waste of money. Spring is never as warm as you think it is going to be and you usually still need your winter or fleece coat. When it was warm enough and raining, I found I put a windbreaker on her instead. The rain coat is a little stiff for the kids and hard to put in the carseat. Just my opinion. Wait and buy the windbreaker instead!

ddmarsh
01-16-2003, 03:29 PM
I think I started buying them when my oldest was around 18mo-2 (they are now 4,8 and 10). They just always got a kick out of wearing them, even though I'd say they didn't wear the jackets terribly often. The boots are another story altogether - I have to literally hide them (even now!) during the really hot summer months and the winter months when they want to tromp around in them but would look pretty ridiculous doing so :). Maybe it's a boy thing, but one of my strongest memories of them all will be those boots :).

Debbie

betsyjaffe
01-18-2003, 09:29 PM
I got the raincoat, rain hat and boots. My daughter goes to daycare, and it usually rains alot in the spring and during the summer it rains practically everyday.

Maya is 13 months old. If she rarely uses it, I will resell next spring on eBay.

atlbaby
01-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your advice!
Much as I love(!) the Gymboree raincoat/hat/boots I found a great deal on Lands End overstocks (hi Beth!) for a raincoat that has a hood too. I think a hood might be easier than a hat, or at least that's what I've found to be true this winter. For anyone else who is interested, it's $13.95 for the infant/toddler rainslicker, and there are a whole bunch of colors left too! Now I just need boots (any ideas where to buy?) and for it to be over 25 degrees! :)
-Rachel

egoldber
01-19-2003, 03:54 PM
I got one of those too, in pink! It's very cute!

atlbaby
01-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Pink Raspberrry :) ? Glad to hear the color is nice 'in person'! I must admit I deliberated for a while on its merits, but for good quality like LE at that price I thought it's worth it! Plus, I've been wearing LE outerwear for years, and right now Arielle is wearing the infant bunting in periwinkle (love that color!)in 18M and it's quite roomy on her, so hopefully this size will last a while...I also got her these adorable 'bubble' shorts in pastel pink and a tank top to match, plus a playsuit in purple--they said that playsuit was the last one in the entire store! Sounds like you got Sarah a lot of nice things too! Will you be taking some things on your trip?
-Rachel

egoldber
01-19-2003, 08:16 PM
I'll take some of the shorts, but mostly she will be wearing things from last summer. Most of the things I got from LE are a little too "nice" to get sandy. :) And also, I bought a lot of it thinking that she will be walking. Dresses aren't so good just yet for my still crawling "toddler"! :)

sntm
01-21-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm quickly becoming a Gymbucks addict. Was browsing last night, looking at the sailor stuff which was on sale so that Jack will have a cute outfit for 4th of July. Even on sale, it was going to be $50, until I ran into my darling med student and his wife who did not use all of their Gymbucks, since their daughter is between sizes and I got another $25 off! Hurrah for Gymbucks! I can't wait to get my own card or whatever and start earning points there.

DH was still mad I spent so much (I also bought some John Lennon Carter's stuff on sale at TRU and finally found the wide mouth 4 oz Dr. Brown's bottles at Baby Depot -- all practical purchases!)

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03