PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Andersson - worth the price?

nigele
01-19-2003, 01:14 PM
I just received Hanna Andersson's spring catalog and love it! I want to order a few things for DS - can anyone tell me if the quality is worth the price?

TIA!

darebear
01-19-2003, 03:20 PM
I think the quality is definately worth the price. Every season I buy my DS a few outfits and they hold up great. He just outgrew a spring/fall jacket that he wore through 2 fall and 1 spring seasons and it still looks great. And their customer service is great. Last summer I ordered a romper for him and when I went to put it on him I noticed it had a hole and with no questions asked they sent me a new one and gave me free shipping on my next order for my trouble.

Allison

Rosalind
01-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I think their quality is great. I can't resist the adorable styling and bright colors! I also like the fact that their clothing looks like children's clothing and not like scaled down adult styles. I like Baby Gap too but some of their styles are a little mature for me to dress an infant in ("mini teenager" styling- I call it.) I usually look for sale priced baby clothes but I make my only exception with Hanna Andersson clothing. I will go ahead and pay regular retail on the clothing I "have to have" for that season and then buy ahead a size or two when they have their end of the season sale for clothing that I liked but didn't like enough to purchase at regular retail prices.

Rosalind

egoldber
01-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Hanna stuff is deinfitely very high quality. If you buy their stuff a little large, you can usually get at least two seasons worth of wear out of it. I have several pieces. A few were hand me downs, a few I found at consignment shops and one piece I bought new because I couldn't resist.

If I buy their stuff new, it has to be something I absolutely LOVE. Otherwise, Lands End stuff is very nice and a little cheaper.

HTH,

parkersmama
01-20-2003, 12:37 PM
I agree with Beth. HA clothes are terrific: they wash well and stay looking nice for a long time. BUT, I also highly recommend Lands' End for the same reasons and they are somewhat less expensive. I usually only buy one or two outfits from HA a year for the kids but I do really like their clothes for me. I've never had the matching stuff but I like their separates and have worn them for years and they still look great. One thing about HA, though, I've found that if you think something is totally adorable chances are that everyone else does too so order early! I wanted a shirt for my older son from there last summer and took too long to make up my mind and it was gone by the time I tried to order it.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

trumansmom
01-20-2003, 06:23 PM
And if you are lucky emough to be in Minneapolis, there is a HA outlet just a few minutes away from a Lands End Inlet! Every time I go there I just go nuts!