PDA

View Full Version : Help with toddler clothing sizes

twins r fun
01-21-2003, 12:06 PM
I bought some winter clothes for next year at the Osh Kosh outlet last night. Including my twin discount they were 80% off! The problem is I wasn't prepared and hadn't really figured out what size I needed, so am looking for some help. My boys are on the small side (5th and 25th for weight and even smaller for height). At 15 months, Caleb wears 12m and Jacob wears 18 tops and 12 or 18 bottoms. So I looked at a growth chart and calcuated that Caleb will be about 24 pounds next winter and Jacob will be about 27 pounds. I bought size 2T for both. I think this will work for Caleb, but maybe I should have gotten 3T for Jacob? The 3Ts just looked so HUGE and honestly, I would love it if they were in the same size! What do you guys think, should I exchange them?

Nicole

egoldber
01-21-2003, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately, it really depends on the brand. I have found (for girls) that the OskKosh height/weight charts are fairly accurate. Sarah is wearing 24 month stuff right now, so 2T would probably be right for her for next winter. But in other brands, she is wearing 2T now and even 3T. (She was 23 1/2 pounds and 31 inches at 15 months.)

HTH,

atlbaby
01-21-2003, 02:33 PM
I'm probably not much help, as I've been debating about whether to buy for next winter too and am trying to decide bw buying 2T or 3T. (Arielle weighed 22.5 at the ped yesterday, and has her 15M appt next week so I'll get a ht measurement then too)...I'd say stick w/ the 2T sizes for both bc the boys are both on the small size, as 27lbs is well within the range I think? BUT, in my experience w/ Osh Kosh clothing from over the summer (love the outlet!) I found the clothing (tops really) to run a bit on the small side-but you know that can be just Arielle's fit too. If you really want to be on the safe side you can always buy mainly 2Ts and some 3Ts and then if Jacob is too small for them next winter Caleb can always wear them the following fall or winter! Now I'm in the mood for shopping! Maybe I will get some winter clothes after all...:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

twins r fun
01-21-2003, 11:49 PM
Thanks guys! I decided to keep what I've got after second guessing myself a second time and thinking maybe I should go with 18 or 24 months for Caleb! Anyway I figure winter clothes last about 6 months so if Caleb starts in 18 he should be able to wear 2T in the end and Jacob will probably start in 2T and not need 3T until midway through (if at all). Either way we'll get plenty of where out of the 2T clothes! You can't beat 4 tops and 4 pants for $50! Did you get anything for Arielle or decide what size?

Nicole

atlbaby
01-22-2003, 01:15 PM
8 items for $50 is great--esp if you can clothe *two* kids out of them!

I went to Old Navy yesterday and got 3 things for $13--all in 24M though...Yeah I chickened out and got for spring (but maybe fall? who am I kidding :) ) but I promise I'm done for 24M!!

One adorable bodysuit says Kisses 25 cents. I told DH we should change the cents to a dollar sign and put Arielle in it when we see grandparents :)
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01