PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what about Children's Place toddler sizing?

atlbaby
01-23-2003, 11:39 PM
I know there've been a bunch of posts lately about toddler sizing inconsistencies at Gymboree (no 2T but yes 18-24, right?) and how Lands End and Osh Kosh run, but what about Children's Place? I just happened upon a CP outlet at a mall--I never knew it was in this mall :) --and before I buy for next winter (amazing prices!) I wanted to know what some of you think I should do...They go straight from 24M (26-29lb) to 36M/3T (29-32lb) My gut says since they run small I should get 36M, but Arielle is barely 23lb now---won't the length alone be too big in 3T? I know I am obsessing, so tell me to shut up if you like! I would like to buy *something* for next winter...

Thanks,
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

egoldber
01-23-2003, 11:47 PM
My experience has been that CP runs long and narrow, which does not fit Sarah at all. I never shop there anymore, although I had some darling things from there in 0-3 month size and their outlet stuff "can" be good deals.

HTH,

emmiem
01-24-2003, 12:05 AM
I also find the CP to run narrow and long. That fits my DD to a t! However, before you buy for next winter, consider that the CP produces clothes strictly on trends. If you buy, stick to basics and classics. Velour hoodies are hot now but probably will be replaced next year.

sarsah
01-25-2003, 11:12 PM
CP definately runs small. DS can wear a 4T in CP and is just now in a 3T (some 2Ts still fit) from most other places.
Sarah....

atlbaby
01-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the advice--I won't be getting any purple velour w/ the fur trim for next year :)

I had found that CP runs long and narrow. Arielle's alright on the narrow, but not really the long part (short and little like her Mommy)...So their cute jeans are still too long even when she eventually outgrows them in the waist! The sweats and leggings I can roll the top over to make them shorter easier than denim.

Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01