PDA

View Full Version : Searching for really soft baby clothes

nigele
01-26-2003, 03:21 PM
DS has some excema on his neck and I am determined to buy him only really soft clothes from now on. Any brand suggestions?

I want to place an order with Hanna Andersson but DH had a fit when he noticed my wish list totalled $300 (for baby AND Mom!) I'll probably end up buying only 2 or 3 pieces from them.

TIA!

stella
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Just amend your list and buy your things incrementally (I mean the things for mom).

They are, IMO, the very softest children's clothes. We LOVE the zippers and stripes for pj's and all day.

I feel pretty strongly that my babies, especially the 9 wk old, deserve to have the softest against their skin. I have relaxed a little with my toddler.

Baby Gap has a lot of very soft cotton baby clothes.

I wouldn't give up on the Hannas!! Also check their website for sale items.

Good Luck.

cara1
01-26-2003, 05:15 PM
also try zutano...love it...soooo soft!

how else are you caring for his skin? daily moisturizing with unscented stuff (cetaphil, eucerin), moisturizing soap like cetaphil non-soap cleanser or dove, pre-wash all clothes, use a chemical-free detergent (All-free or Tide-free)and no dryer sheets

Rachels
01-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Janie and Jack!!! Their sale stuff is cheap, and it's INCREDIBLY soft.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

August Mom
01-26-2003, 06:38 PM
My son has eczema too. I have been pleased with the Gymboree knits. They are very soft. Also, as an earlier post mentioned, some of the Baby Gap items are very soft. Especially if the baby has eczema patches on the legs, the Baby Gap pants and overalls (at least the fall/winter ones) are lined with soft knit or fleece. I also like the terry sleepers from Carters that are fleece-like inside. Also, as far as treatment, my ped recommended rubbing Aquaphor on my son at least once a day. We do that before bedtime because it's rather messy and use Eucerin during the daytime.

HTH

nigele
01-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Yes - I love Baby Gap!

I am doing all of the above to care for his skin - but he gets the excema on his cheeks, neck and diaper area anyway. It is not too bad but I want to do everything I can to minimize it.

Rachels
01-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Try Calendula cream also. It's amazing.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jojo2324
01-27-2003, 11:33 AM
I have to second Zutano. Babycenter usually is running specials on it. So cute too!

etwahl
01-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Babystyle is running a 25% off Zutano right now actually. The code is BRAND25.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

parkersmama
01-27-2003, 12:11 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned Lands' End. Their layette line is extremely soft! And most of their toddler line is too once it's been washed. Good luck!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Andrea S
01-27-2003, 12:36 PM
I second Janie and Jack. I just discovered this store from someone posting on here and I ordered some pajamas for my son and they are softer than his Hanna's. I have to be careful with his skin b/c he is soooo fair.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

nigele
01-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Thanks - I'll place an order today!!

mamahill
01-27-2003, 03:09 PM
I THIRD Janie and Jack - it is so soft it feels like it will dissintegrate (but it doesn't!). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Sandy
01-27-2003, 03:43 PM
I 4th Janie & Jack. I did the original post here about the store and since then Alexander's entire wardrobe has come from there. I used to love Hannah Anderson but the quality of Janie & Jack is incredible and the clothes are so reasonable when they go on sale. Some of the shirts were $5.99 and the sleepers were $7.99. You can't beat them for quality and value when they go on sale. Even at the Hannah outlet's sale everything is usually at leat $12.00-$20.00. Alexander has quite a bit of both Janie & Jack and Hannah Anderson and I compared the softness and the Janie & Jack stuff wins hands down. It also gets softer with washing.
Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

mama2be
01-27-2003, 08:39 PM
where do you all get this janie and jack stuff...is there a site specific to them or are they sold at stores...????

Rachels
01-27-2003, 08:56 PM
There are a limited number of stores, but you can find them online at www.janieandjack.com -- just brace yourself! You WILL want to buy things! Who could believe such cuteness?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
01-28-2003, 12:05 AM
Oh this is not good for me, my check book....or the marriage:):):)...they are cute...I just might do alittle shopping...just a little. Right when i think I'm "done"...something else perks my interest. I suspect I won't be for while...I mean a few decades!!!!

YIKES!!!!...

nigele
01-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Yesterday, I bought three cute pairs of Zutano's cotton knit overalls!!! I got them on sale at a local store for 40% off! I had to control myself from buying more - they are really cute. Thanks for the recommendation.

I am also planning to order from Janie and Jack - I love the Royal Blue collection - Thomas is my little prince so he just HAS to have the onesie with the crown on the front! (As well as the pants, the zippered top, etc., etc., etc.) I'm in trouble....

cara1
01-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Has anyone ordered clothes from Company Kids? They're clothes look identical to some Zutano outfits. Also, am I the only one who thinks Hanna's don't wear well? They're gettting all pilled.

Andrea S
01-30-2003, 12:04 PM
My Hana zippers are getting pilled as well and I have been following the washing instructions.

Andrea

Shirale
01-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Another brand that we love, love love is Petit Bateau- on the expensive side, but the absolute, absolute in softness! I also love BabyGap and Hanna's- we have some Hannas from my SIL (actually my Nieces) which are in perfect condition. I found that Gymboree shrinks...Anyhow- I know in NYC there is a place that I found Petit Bateau at pretty good prices- but it is allthe way downdown or in Brooklyn- Century 21.

nigele
01-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi Shira!

We have some Petite Bateau and love them but they are hard to find in NC. We got ours in London at Christmas. Actually, one of the photos on Yahoo has Thomas wearing a teal, striped Petite Bateau one-piece outfit which I just love!

jojo2324
01-30-2003, 10:56 PM
I hear you on the Petit Bateau...It's so scrumptious, and the designs are so cute! I have to limit myself to just one or two footies/onesies at a time, otherwise I'd be out on the street...And Lisa, we have the same romper for Gannon! Actually, two. :P One is light blue and green, the other is purple and light blue. Anyway, check out this site. Unfortunately I found it, but I have yet to order anything from them (DH thanks me!)...They have the whole Petit Bateau line.

http://www.frenchkids.com/index.htm

jojo2324
01-30-2003, 11:00 PM
GRRRRRR...I just had to go and look and I waaaaant it aaaaaaaaaaall. All of the companies make such adorable stuff....I need strength! :P

nigele
02-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Hurray - I finally placed my Janie and Jack order today! I can't wait for it to arrive!!!! I got three sale items and splurged on a long sleeve bodysuit with a crown on the front for my little prince!