PDA

View Full Version : Baby Smart still = Stride Rite?

atlbaby
02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
I know I've seen posts here about Stride Rite making shoes for Target called Baby (Kid?) Smart, and I believe I've seen a tag saying something to that effect when I've been looking for Arielle's size. But I've never been able to find Baby Smart shoes in sizes above a 3! Well, today I finally did find a 5, but the tag *does not* say anything about them being a divison of Stride Rite. Does anybody know if they are still connected? And has anyone used Baby Smart shoes? I did get her a pair (cute mary janes!), but I'll return them if I have to.

One last thing--since they don't sell 1/2 sizes, I assume she would wear a size 5 since she was just measured 2 weeks ago when I got her shoes at the Stride Rite outlet. I would think a size 6 would be huge now?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

atlbaby
02-03-2003, 06:08 PM
I know I've seen posts here about Stride Rite making shoes for Target called Baby (Kid?) Smart, and I believe I've seen a tag saying something to that effect when I've been looking for Arielle's size. But I've never been able to find Baby Smart shoes in sizes above a 3! Well, today I finally did find a 5, but the tag *does not* say anything about them being a divison of Stride Rite. Does anybody know if they are still connected? And has anyone used Baby Smart shoes? I did get her a pair (cute mary janes!), but I'll return them if I have to.

One last thing--since they don't sell 1/2 sizes, I assume she would wear a size 5 since she was just measured 2 weeks ago when I got her shoes at the Stride Rite outlet. I would think a size 6 would be huge now?

-Rachel

nohomama
02-03-2003, 09:45 PM
I bought a pair of Baby Smart sneakers for Lola a couple of months ago and they DID have a tag saying something like "Baby Smart by Stride Rite." Also, within the last couple weeks I've seen end cap displays in our local Target that advertised the same thing.

In terms of sizing, I'm no expert. Lola was measured last October and was a 4 1/2 then. I bought the Baby Smart sneakers in a size 5 towards the middle of December and they still fit with room to grow.

HTH,

nohomama
02-03-2003, 09:45 PM
I bought a pair of Baby Smart sneakers for Lola a couple of months ago and they DID have a tag saying something like "Baby Smart by Stride Rite." Also, within the last couple weeks I've seen end cap displays in our local Target that advertised the same thing.

In terms of sizing, I'm no expert. Lola was measured last October and was a 4 1/2 then. I bought the Baby Smart sneakers in a size 5 towards the middle of December and they still fit with room to grow.

HTH,

megsmom
02-03-2003, 10:11 PM
I just bought Meg a pair of Kid Smart's at Target about 3 weeks ago and the tag on her shoes said they were made by Stride Rite. We also got her shoes in a 5 1/2. The difference in half sizes at this point is reallly very small so 5 would probably be fine for Arielle. I managed to get mine on clearance for 7.99 and since we need new shoes every few months or so this is a great deal. Mine were cute white walkers with pink flowers made of leather and a very flexible heel.

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01

megsmom
02-03-2003, 10:11 PM
I just bought Meg a pair of Kid Smart's at Target about 3 weeks ago and the tag on her shoes said they were made by Stride Rite. We also got her shoes in a 5 1/2. The difference in half sizes at this point is reallly very small so 5 would probably be fine for Arielle. I managed to get mine on clearance for 7.99 and since we need new shoes every few months or so this is a great deal. Mine were cute white walkers with pink flowers made of leather and a very flexible heel.

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01

atlbaby
02-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Hmmm, well I suppose I will keep the mary janes then, and just assume they are also made by Stride Rite even though the Baby Smart tag doesn't say anything else. They have a duck on the bottom of the sole that says Baby Smart--do yours too?

That's a great price too! :) Mine were $12.99 and I thought that was a bargain since Stride Rites are nearly triple that at the non-outlets!

-Rachel

atlbaby
02-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Hmmm, well I suppose I will keep the mary janes then, and just assume they are also made by Stride Rite even though the Baby Smart tag doesn't say anything else. They have a duck on the bottom of the sole that says Baby Smart--do yours too?

That's a great price too! :) Mine were $12.99 and I thought that was a bargain since Stride Rites are nearly triple that at the non-outlets!

-Rachel

Melanie
02-04-2003, 12:41 PM
I bought them, then returned (wrong size) but our Target end cap said something about 'Stride rite.' I was thinking that perhaps they are just an old style. I compared them to our stride rites and the stride rites are a bit more flexible, but as you know cost more than triple that. I think I'd probably get the Target brand once Ds is an expert walker.

Do you know if they come in wide or are wider than the Stride Rites?

Mommy to Jonah

Melanie
02-04-2003, 12:41 PM
I bought them, then returned (wrong size) but our Target end cap said something about 'Stride rite.' I was thinking that perhaps they are just an old style. I compared them to our stride rites and the stride rites are a bit more flexible, but as you know cost more than triple that. I think I'd probably get the Target brand once Ds is an expert walker.

Do you know if they come in wide or are wider than the Stride Rites?

Mommy to Jonah

megsmom
02-04-2003, 03:11 PM
My shoes have the little duck on the bottom of them too with the Baby Smart logo. I definitely would keep your shoes, my last dd's Mary Jane's lasted us a whole 2 months!

Melanie, I don't remember if they came in half sizes or not. Since Meg is a normal width, I've never had to look for half sizes. I have heard from a lot of my friends that wides are hard. This is too bad since it seems a lot of kids need them!

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01

megsmom
02-04-2003, 03:11 PM
My shoes have the little duck on the bottom of them too with the Baby Smart logo. I definitely would keep your shoes, my last dd's Mary Jane's lasted us a whole 2 months!

Melanie, I don't remember if they came in half sizes or not. Since Meg is a normal width, I've never had to look for half sizes. I have heard from a lot of my friends that wides are hard. This is too bad since it seems a lot of kids need them!

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01

Shirale
02-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Rachel-
Where is the Stride Rite Outlet?? That sounds like something useful!! :-) And are the open sundays?? Thanks!!

Shirale
02-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Rachel-
Where is the Stride Rite Outlet?? That sounds like something useful!! :-) And are the open sundays?? Thanks!!

atlbaby
02-04-2003, 04:30 PM
There are 2 Stride Rite Outlets not too far from north NJ, and both are open Sunday (got to find *some* place relatively close that's open Sunday, right?) Hey, did I read correctly that Amazing Savings is open Sundays? That's something to do too! :) )

Anyhow, the closer one is in Elizabeth, it's in this huge outlet mall called Jersey Gardens. About 40-45 minutes from where you'll be. The other one is in Woodbury Commons (have you been there?)--in NY, about 1 hr away. It's an outside mall though, but we've been known to go on 95 degree days and in December too--always tons of strollers in all seasons :)

And both have Carters, Children's Place, Gap, Osh Kosh, Little Me (only Woodbury maybe?) Outlets!

-Rachel

atlbaby
02-04-2003, 04:30 PM
There are 2 Stride Rite Outlets not too far from north NJ, and both are open Sunday (got to find *some* place relatively close that's open Sunday, right?) Hey, did I read correctly that Amazing Savings is open Sundays? That's something to do too! :) )

Anyhow, the closer one is in Elizabeth, it's in this huge outlet mall called Jersey Gardens. About 40-45 minutes from where you'll be. The other one is in Woodbury Commons (have you been there?)--in NY, about 1 hr away. It's an outside mall though, but we've been known to go on 95 degree days and in December too--always tons of strollers in all seasons :)

And both have Carters, Children's Place, Gap, Osh Kosh, Little Me (only Woodbury maybe?) Outlets!

-Rachel

Melanie
02-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Does your Stride Rite outlet ever have the First Walker shoes?

Mommy to Jonah

Melanie
02-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Does your Stride Rite outlet ever have the First Walker shoes?

Mommy to Jonah

atlbaby
02-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Do you mean the traditional white leather shoes? Arielle has a pair of those white ones now that I got at the Jersey Gardens Outlet, but they were not such a great bargain ($29) :( . I've asked at the regular Stride Rite stores in a couple of local malls, and the salespeople have all told me the First Walker shoes don't really get discounted much. I remember seeing Mary Janes (guess you aren't looking for those :) ) for $16 or $19 back in December at the Outlet, and I would think some boy-type shoes also get marked down considerably too.

(But I figure getting the Baby Smart Mary Janes at Target that she won't wear more than one a week might be the way to go while her feet are growing so quickly.)

HTH!

-Rachel

atlbaby
02-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Do you mean the traditional white leather shoes? Arielle has a pair of those white ones now that I got at the Jersey Gardens Outlet, but they were not such a great bargain ($29) :( . I've asked at the regular Stride Rite stores in a couple of local malls, and the salespeople have all told me the First Walker shoes don't really get discounted much. I remember seeing Mary Janes (guess you aren't looking for those :) ) for $16 or $19 back in December at the Outlet, and I would think some boy-type shoes also get marked down considerably too.

(But I figure getting the Baby Smart Mary Janes at Target that she won't wear more than one a week might be the way to go while her feet are growing so quickly.)

HTH!

-Rachel

Shirale
02-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi Rachel!!
How exciting that something is open on sunday!! :-0 And yes- Amazing Savings is as well! I have actually never been to the outlets here, only in Boston- but I love, love, love them!! I got Amira her first walkers at the Nordtroms at the Garden State Mall- but they were $39!! I am not relishing the idea of paying that every couple of months...argh!!! Maybe we can do an outlet trip together!!!

Shirale
02-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi Rachel!!
How exciting that something is open on sunday!! :-0 And yes- Amazing Savings is as well! I have actually never been to the outlets here, only in Boston- but I love, love, love them!! I got Amira her first walkers at the Nordtroms at the Garden State Mall- but they were $39!! I am not relishing the idea of paying that every couple of months...argh!!! Maybe we can do an outlet trip together!!!

Melanie
02-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Jonah's white first walkers with little vehicles down the heel were $42. $29 would be a bargain!

Mommy to Jonah

parkersmama
02-07-2003, 05:09 PM
After I read your original post, I was at Target (here in GA) this week and there was a huge sign in the shoe department that read something like "Baby Smart by the experts at Stride Rite". Some of the tags on shoes mentioned SR and some of them didn't. Hope this helps!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

atlbaby
02-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Denise,
Thanks for letting me know!! Where in GA are you? We lived in Atlanta for a year (00-01), and loved it! (Arielle was conceived there, hence the screen name :) ) Atlanta is where I also discovered Target...

-Rachel

parkersmama
02-07-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm in Columbus...right down the road from Atlanta. We'll actually be up there next weekend to see The Lion King (I can't wait!). What part of Atlanta did you live in? And where did you move?

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000

atlbaby
02-08-2003, 10:41 PM
We lived in the Druid Hills/Toco Hills area, which is not too far from Buckhead. We loved it there so much! Now we live in north Jersey where it is cold :( You'd think I didn't grow up in the north east (but I did) with all this *ithching I do about the cold!

Have a wonderful time at The Lion King!! We never did get to visit CNN but did The Coca Cola Museum...

-Rachel

parkersmama
02-09-2003, 05:17 PM
I've lived in the South all my life...I don't know how you stand the cold! We've had a cold winter here this year and it's made me pretty whiny! LOL! Nothing compared to up your way. :-) I actually bought real winter coats (Lands' End) for my kids this year. It's the first year that I've really had to do anything more than a polarfleece jacket!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000