PDA

View Full Version : Robeez Sizing

blnony
02-05-2003, 01:55 PM
okay, I am at another crossroad with these shoes.
Audrey's foot measures a little shy of 4", and the Robeez sizing says 0-6 mo. up to 4 1/2 inches and 6-12 mo. up to 5". I ordered the Pink Kitty's in 6-12 which I haven't received yet. Should I go ahead and order a pair 0-6 mo. now or just let her have a little room in them? I know I should of thought about this more before I ordered the other pair, but she can always grow into them at some point.
Any advice?

22tango
02-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Maybe wait until you get the Pink Kitty's and see how they fit her feet?? Karenna was about 4 months old when I got her some 6-12mo. Robeez. The elastic is great...they don't come off! They are a bit big on her, but she's not walking (or even crawling)...and they aren't too big (she has long feet). I figure she'd grow out of the 0-6mos too quickly, so got the larger size and since she can wear them now (even if a bit big around the foot), it's no biggie. I'd be more concerned about size once she starts walking in them.

nigele
02-05-2003, 05:13 PM
I agree with Alice - just wait until you get the first pair and see how they fit.

I ordered the Blue Puppies and can't wait to get them!!

egoldber
02-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I have Blue Kittens for Sarah and they are adorable! I also have "plain" brown ones and also purple with white flowers. She is still wearing 12-18 month size shoes that I bought for her in August (when she was not quite 12 months). They still fit her with room to spare.

HTH,

mamahill
02-05-2003, 09:14 PM
You're giving me Robeez fever! Ainsleigh's feet measure at 4" exactly and the Robeez site says 0-6 months go to 4.25". Ainsleigh isn't growing exactly fast, and she isn't walking (though loves to stand), so do you think I should go with the 6-12 months?

These shoes are adorable. The only problem is choosing which ones to get (and which ones to leave behind... *sniff*)!

blnony
02-05-2003, 09:25 PM
That's my dilemma too! But you know, as soon as you get the 0-6 mo, she'll have a growth spurt and bam! she won't get any wear out them. I am just conflicted. I ordered the 6-12 mo. just so we can get more wear but for you, if Ainsleigh starts pulling up and trying to get around, you'll want shoes that fit. SOrry, I'm of actually no help to you :) ...but you could try a 0-6 mo. and a 6-12 mo. and you'll probably get some use out of both.
If my Pink Kitty ones ever get here, I will probably be able to gage it better. I wonder if all orders take this long?

egoldber
02-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Well, if it were me, I'd probably get one pair in the 6-12 month size and see how they fit. But since she's so close to a year, you may want to wait until she's a bit closer and then get her a couple really cute pairs that she can wear for a long time.

I would get a "plain" pair (like solid brown or navy) and then a "fun" pair. Sarah wears her brown ones all the time. The navy kittens are also cute but are a touch harder to pair with outfits. A friend of mine had solid navy ones and they are also very practical. And the solids are really very adorable too.

But I am starting to dream of a new pair for summer...

Have you looked for a retail store near you that carries them? A lot of small, specialty baby shops near me have them. They don't have a big selection, but you could just try on for size and then order what you want. I can't remember exactly where you are, but I know it's close to my sister-in-law (who lives in Newark near the Dumbarton). I did a search on the Robeez website and they say that the Stride Rite store at the NewPark Mall has them. It's worth a call. You could also call Robeez and ask for a local retailer. Sometimes their website isn't up to date on retailers.

HTH,

blnony
02-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Beth-
I was thinking about the white stars, do you know if the white is impractical? Their site says they can be machine washed, but I was curious if dirt and the other stuff washed out?
Thanks for help-

egoldber
02-06-2003, 12:20 AM
I have never machine washed mine. The white parts of the "navy kitten" does get dirty, but it wipes off with water and a paper towel.

HTH,

mamahill
02-06-2003, 12:47 AM
Excellent advice Beth! I'm going out tomorrow so I'll swing by Newpark and check it out. And your SIL is in Newark?! That's about 20 minutes away. Any chance you're coming out to visit soon? Thanks for the advice - and thanks for the solid color rec. I think I'll get a brown pair since that seems pretty practical.

egoldber
02-06-2003, 09:50 AM
We do get out there occasionally. We were there last August and will probably be there sometime this year.

You may want to call first before making a trip there.

dd_ani
02-06-2003, 07:47 PM
I have found with dd that, having small feet, she has been a size behind based on Robeez age sizing. (She is 11 1/2 months and just grew out of the 0-6 size last month.) I would recommend measuring and going from there.

As far as cleaning, we never had to machine wash her Robeez, but she had a white pair that she wore everyday and they always cleaned up beautifully with a baby wipe at the end of the day.

The hardest thing about Robeez is deciding which ones to order! :)

Michelle