PDA

View Full Version : Oilily Clothing?

smilequeen
02-08-2003, 09:45 PM
I was glancing through the catalog today and they have some kind of wild but very cute stuff. It's definitely on the pricey side, so I was wondering about the softness and quality. Does anyone have any experience with it. There is a store up in St. Louis, but I won't be back up there for another month and a half.

shopaholic mom
02-09-2003, 03:19 PM
The quality is excellent and most of the clothes are very soft - it varies though, from line to line - their denim is extremely soft, as are their cotton tee shirt fabric outfits - we have a leggings and long sleeve tee set that is probably one of the softest things DD wears. Some of the dresses are not as soft. All of our Oilily stuff was bought on sale b/c it is VERY expensive (some of the girls sweaters are over $100!). The sales are great - the more you buy, the more you save - i.e., 3 items 30% off, 4 items 40%, etc. up to 50%.

Some of the patterns are a little wild, but others are very cute - very fun and bright - I wouldn't want all of DDs wardrobe to come from there, but the outfits she has are definitely funky and we get lots of compliments. They also wash very well. The sizing is different than most though since Oilily is Dutch. Their clothing has run true to size for us. DD is 50th percentile across the board.

Andrea S
02-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Where is the store in St Louis? We are going to be there next month visiting family.

Andrea

smilequeen
02-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Andrea, it's at Plaza Frontenac (Lindbergh and Clayton Roads)...they also have a Talbots Kids, Gap Kids, a boutique (can't remember the name) and a Saks and a Neimans that have children's stuff :)

Andrea S
02-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks!! I have been there before I was pregnant so did not notice the children's stores. I can not wait to go back. We love a deli there I think it's called the Sippery?!?

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

smilequeen
02-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Yes, Oilily is right next to the deli (St. Louis Sippery I think...).

sntm
02-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Man, I miss St. Louis! I hate having to drive to Richmond or DC for everything. I used to go to Neimans all the time to try on Manolos. Sigh.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03