PDA

View Full Version : Cute shoe alert!!!

Rachels
02-11-2003, 07:09 PM
I found some really cute shoes at www.babyshoos.com which resemble something like Robeez or Bobux-- pretty similar prices, too. Check out the section called "new arrivals" or something like that. They're soooooooo cute.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

shopaholic mom
02-11-2003, 07:30 PM
We have these and love them for DD - the leather is buttery soft and they actually stay on. We have the padded lilac with purple flowers and the white and pink striped sneakers. both of which look even cuter in person. DD has developed an attachment to the lilac shoes one - whenever I take them off her, she plays with them for ages - drags one around the apartment with her and pulls open and reattaches the velcro - probably one of her favorite things to play with

jojo2324
02-11-2003, 09:06 PM
RACHEL RACHEL RACHEL!!! Even Shawn thinks they are so cute...I am in big big trouble! :D

mamahill
02-11-2003, 09:13 PM
DH is going to be soooooo mad at you! I've already ordered 3 pairs of Robeez, and am now salivating over these shoes. So I forwarded the URL to my mom. Ainsleigh's birthday IS coming up, afterall...

Melanie
02-12-2003, 05:02 AM
Oh no, not more cute soft-soled shoes!

What do you think of the sandals? Anyone tried them? Too girlie for Ds in blue or tan? He's outgrown his other sandals and everything I see has a really stiff bottom. He's a very new walker so I want something flexible.

http://babyshoosinc.goemerchant7.com/index.cgi?PageToView=catalog&Department=25739&Cartid=18561045039221&Merchant=babyshoosinc&ExpandedDepts=

Rachels
02-12-2003, 10:00 AM
No,no, I LOVE those! Buy them, buy them!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

sntm
02-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Rachel!!! I was all set to ignore shoes until walking status, but those navy ones with the stars and ALL of the shoes with the little animals on them are darling! Chip is going to be so mad.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

gour0
02-12-2003, 10:27 AM
http://www.goemerchant-commerce2.com/StoreData/b/babyshoosinc/Images/P10_BA5_1.jpg

Um...are you trying to get me in trouble?

blnony
02-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Do you think there is a big difference in the leather ones and the padded leather ones? Would the padded ones be better for a toddler, and the regular leather good for a baby?
I love the little pink and white tennis shoes. . .good find Rachel.

Rachels
02-12-2003, 10:54 AM
I love the little sneakers with the fake laces. And the purple ones with the tiny flowers on them. And the lavender boots. And...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jojo2324
02-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Good to know I am not the only one. Shawn thought that I flipped last night when I started shouting "OH MY THOSE ARE SO CUTE!!" But even he agreed that they are adorable and, you know, his boy's gotta look good. He's got his reputation on the line here. So he said I could get two pairs, and I am gung-ho over all of the safari animal ones. I think I am going with the giraffe one, like Stacey showed, and then the red sneaks with white stripes. This all while I am stuffing my bloated feet into shoes that don't fit and am scouring the shelves at TJ Maxx for comfy, practical shoes. HA! What has happened to my inner shoe freak? I guess it's still there, just in baby sizes. :D

Stacey....How do you post a pic along with your text without making it an attachment?

mamahill
02-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Rachel - Joel is NOT mad at you. On the contrary, he thinks the shoes are great. So now I just have to decide WHICH ones to get. Honestly, I think they are all adorable. One more thing to obsess over...

(oh, and joanne - you can post the pic w/out it being an attachment by just typing in the link of the pic. for example, i would type http:// www. joelhillpictures. com/sarahspics/gman.jpg - w/out the spaces, to get this: http://www.joelhillpictures.com/sarahspics/gman.jpg )

Sandy
02-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh, these are adorable. I checked on the website and read through their info. I remember reading about the robeez coop and thought this would be a great idea for these shoes as they are adorable and I want a bunch. ;-) I called Chris at Babyshoos because there seems to be a lot of interest in these shoes and I checked with her if we started a babyshoos coop if we could get a discount on these shoes and she was agreeable. What does everybody think? If you are interested in being part of a coop and getting these shoes at a discount please e-mail me:

[email protected]

UPDATE: This is what I worked out with Chris at babyshoos. She will give them to us @ $13.00 a pair if we order a minimum of 25 (and they do not have to be the same style). I am still working out the shipping / payment thing and will post more when I have a consensus on how that should be handled. Please e-mail me at the above e-mail address if you are interested. I have enough people for the coop but this is a good deal so if you are interested let me know. Also if you have ideas for the coop I would love to hear from you.

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02d

gour0
02-12-2003, 04:21 PM
yes, I just right clicked on properties and copied and pasted the url.

gour0
02-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Tell me about it! I was on the fence with the Robeez... some cute boys shoes, but only one or two... there are three or four of these that I'm dying for! Ugh! :(

colleenfs
02-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Sandy-
I'll join a Babyshoos coop. Thanks for offering to set this up. We want the lavender ones with the pink flowers and the lavender booties!!

I emailed you already :)

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

colleenfs
02-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Does anyone already have these? I looked at the sizing, and although Julia is 13 months old, her feet only measure 4.5", which would make her a 6-12 month size. Do you think 12-18 at 5.25" would be WAAAY too large?

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

sparkeze
02-12-2003, 05:13 PM
I've been looking for some outdoor walking shoes, could these be it? Has anyone ever tried the cotton sandals or cotton sneakers w/rubber sole? We use Robeez for indoors right now but I think it could be painful is DS walked on a pebble or something with Robeez on outside. These are so cute!

Melanie
02-12-2003, 05:20 PM
We use robeez outdoors all the time. It seems the little guy's are tougher than their parents, you know? =) Of course, if I was planning on a lot of walking somewhere that I expected lots of gravel or glass or something I would put the stride-rites on.

>I've been looking for some outdoor walking shoes, could
>these be it? Has anyone ever tried the cotton sandals or
>cotton sneakers w/rubber sole? We use Robeez for indoors
>right now but I think it could be painful is DS walked on a
>pebble or something with Robeez on outside. These are so
>cute!

Mommy to Jonah

gour0
02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Dh agrees that they're cute, but he is soooo out of touch with reality! I asked if I could get two pair and he said he thought $13 was a bit expensive for baby shoes! ARGH!

gour0
02-12-2003, 06:28 PM
and he is now saying that Benjamin won't care if he has shoes or not so lets not. :(

I was doing a search for baby shoes and llok at these I found in the UK. Totally not affordable, but so darling!

http://www.daisy-roots.com/liveshop/shopimages/bal24.jpg

shopaholic mom
02-12-2003, 07:43 PM
I have the lavender ones w/purple flowers and the white and pink striped sneakers w/fake laces.

My DD is 12 mo.s and completely average size (I haven't measured her feey) and has both pairs in 6-12 months - the 12-18 were significantly too big when I tried them 2 months ago. Perhaps if you're ordering for spring/summer, I'd get 12-18.

Also, it differs between shoe styles - the padded shoes are more generous and actually look more comfortable than the ones with the laces. We got the ones w/the laces first, and I noticed that the elastic makes the shoe tighter - and a month ago, I noticed that they were digging into her feet leaving little pink elastic marks - she didn't seem bothered, but I stopped using them and need to get a size bigger in those now for the width. The padded shoes b/c of the t-strap velcro styling are more generous width-wise - the padding also makes them a little warmer (but the fleece booties look the warmest - we don't have those yet). While I love the look of both pairs, I definitely prefer the padded ones and would buy additional pairs in that style sooner than the ones w/the laces - they are adorable, but definitely buy them bigger if you think your child is inbetween 2 sizes.

They definitely look great in person - we get complimented on them all the time.

There is also a very cute pair of white sneakers w/pink stitching and laces that are lined pink terry at Baby Gap now - not on the web site, but they're in stores - they're the newborn kind - run from 0-3,3-6 and 6-12. I had a bunch of these shoes for DD last year - other sneakers and sandals in the summer and they are very cute and look great and also don't fall off. Price is usual gap - cheap. I think the sneakers were 12 or 14.

gour0
02-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Alleluya! He agreed to one pair for me and one for SIL. Now, I have to decide on the best color of Mary Jane's for my new neice! I almost couldn't sleep last night thinking about it! :D

http://babyshoosinc.goemerchant7.com/index.cgi?PageToView=bigpicture&DepartmentID=103896&DepartmentName=Padded%2132Leather%2132ShooShoos%21 45Suede%2132Soles&Cartid=31161045144033&Merchant=babyshoosinc&ItemID=4054116&ItemName=Padded!32Red!32with!32Daisies!32Shoe&ExpandedDepts=

I'm in love with these, but am not sure if they would make a good gift for a newborn. SIL is due one week after I am. Any thoughts?

mamahill
02-13-2003, 12:44 PM
I love those too! I think it would be a great gift. Ainsleigh didn't grow out of size 0 until she was 9 months old (although she's small, so maybe that translates to feet, too). A friend just had a baby and he has boats - they're as big at 2 weeks as Ainsleigh's are at 10 months! But I think he's the exception - I say GET THEM! (if I were your SIL, I'd love you for it ;) )

cara1
02-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Okay, now don't everone yell at me, but why not just use stride rites? I know, I know, the cuteness factor. But DS is just now starting to take some steps. Inside, I keep him in socks. When he's ready for real walking, I'm thinking stride rites. Are SR soft enough for early walkers?

gour0
02-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I think the leather soles are better than rubber soles for new walkers. Here's the little explanation they have on Robeez.com:

http://www.robeez.com/babyfeet.htm?Spacer=&PriceCat=2&SessionID=CF540V5DH2&AffiliateID=&RefID=&StartID=2280&mscssid=8D16QHP4KWB79M5PLV7WRHTA9FFRF9RB