PDA

View Full Version : Where to order Joey Bunz doubler? Can I use it with CPF's?

Kate888
02-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Just started CDing my almost 12-month DD. I tried some CPF's, but after an hour or two, they're soaking wet. I don't want DD's skin to get irritated. Should I use a doubler? I've read that Joey Bunz is pretty good, but don't know where to find it and if it can be used with CPF.

Thanks in advance :)

Kate

sparkeze
02-12-2003, 04:42 PM
You could use any doubler with CPFs. If you want Joeys and also want to keep your baby's skin a little drier you could try fleece topped Joeys. I know at naturalbabies.com they sell both types and Kelly's Closet sells the non-fleece ones and she's having a coupon sale of $5 off $50 (5VALENTINE) or $10 off $100 (10VALENTINE) until Friday. And Kelly's Closet has free shipping on any order too. Another thing you could try are hemp prefolds. They would be more absorbant than CPFs.

And also, smjae.com and mom-and-me-creations.com doublers always get good reviews. They both sell fleece-topped doublers too.

egoldber
02-12-2003, 04:56 PM
What size prefolds are you using? If you are using premiums and your DD is soaking them, you may need a doubler. But I pretty much always change Sarah after about 2 hours. A cloth diaper is going to feel wet sooner than a disposable. It takes a bit of getting used to.

I have always ordered from naturalbabies when I can, since Colleen is so great. I have also ordered from Kelly's Closet. I like to use her if I am only ordering one thing, because she has the free shipping.

You can use any doubler with a CPF. You can either lay it on top, or fold it into the prefold. I usually fold it inside so that it doesn't slide around.

I like to use the small Joeys as doublers. They work great and are pretty trim.

HTH,

nohomama
02-12-2003, 05:02 PM
If your daughter is really soaked after an hour, definitely do try a doubler. But also keep in mind that you do need to change cloth diapers more frequently than disposables. Cloth (even a ton of it) is no match for the gel in a disposable, especially when you have a heavy wetter. I change Lola whenever she's pooped or every 2 1/2 to 3 hours max.

I've used Kissaluv Super Soaker doublers (made of knit terry and cotton fleece, so it adds absorbancy and wicks away moisture), Bummis Stay Dry liners (terry with a layer of mesh, also to wick moisture away from baby's skin), and some terry/flannel doublers that I found at a consignment shop. I think the Kissaluvs are the nicest, but all have worked well for me. I haven't used the Joey Bunz but hemp is more absorbant than cotton, so if your daughter is a really heavy wetter these or something else made of hemp may be the best solution for you.

HTH,

Kate888
02-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Thank you for the suggestions!! Where can I find hemp prefolds? I don't think I saw them at Natural Babies. Do I use them just like CPF's? Can't believe I get pleasure from changing DD's cloth diapers :) So far I've only tried prefolds, Luke's Drawers AIO's, Bumkin AIO's and Kissluves fitted. There is a whole different world out there that I need to explore!

Thanks again.

Kate

egoldber
02-14-2003, 10:32 AM
She does have some on her site. Click on the "BabyKicks" logo on her sidebar. Scoll down and you will see them. They are called "Hemparoos". But warning, they are NOT inexpensive. There may be other brands, but I am not sure.

HTH,