PDA

View Full Version : Sources for boys non-traditional christening outfit

bnme
02-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Any reccomendations for sources for a boys christening outfit? I am looking for something that is not the usual....no fru-fru puffy, lacy numbers for me! and no gowns! It doesn't have to be specefically for a christening, just something tastefull and dress-up-ish in white.

Any ideas???

MelissaTC
02-26-2003, 01:18 PM
Strasburg Children has some adorable white cotton outfits. Most of their clothes is smocked, has embrodiery or other nice touches. They have some VERY simple white cotton outfits, perfect for a boy's christening. I know because I almost bought one before my MIL gave us her gown to use for my son. I believe they have a website and they have locations in malls. Good luck!

VickiH
02-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Try eBay. A seller named CarloCreations(?) had some plain Chritening rompers for boys. Very simple, white knit. I almost bought one, but was outbid at the last minute.

HTH

kathsmom
02-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Donna,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I was just about to post the same thing! We had a simple dress for DD when she had her baby dedication - white cotton, very thin and light material with just a touch of smocking around the collar. My mom got it made for her in Charleston, but I don't know if we can get something from this lady for DS. I am going to have to call her soon if my mom still has the number. Our church has baby dedication on Mother's Day.

I just got a catalog in the mail from a company called The Wooden Soldier and they have some really cute boy's and girl's outfits, but they are expensive! With DH out of a job right now, I need something cheaper (unless the generous grandparents decide to purchase it!!LOL!).

Good luck and let us know if you find anything!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

Melanie
02-27-2003, 02:51 AM
http://www.christening-gowns.us/boys-christening-outfits.asp

I was going to get one of these, but ended up actually finding something in a store.

I was also looking at Wooden soldier, but they were way too much $.

Mommy to Jonah

bnme
02-27-2003, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the info! I like the "Zach" on christening-gowns.com.

A friend also reminded me that flea markets are a good source for them. I'll try that too. (We haven't even planned the Christening yet).

Does Wooden Soldier have a website? I couldn't find it via a search.

ddmarsh
02-27-2003, 08:19 AM
One of the recent Talbot's Kids catalogs had a boys Christening/Dedication outfit that was quite simple and was a decent price, although I can't remember the exact price. They also have the kids' items online.

Debbie

kathsmom
02-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Donna,

I checked the catalog for The Wooden Soldier, but don't see a website listed. Their phone number is 1-800-375-6002. I checked on the white outfits they have and the 2 piece shortall is for 12-24 month size. They do have a christening gown, but it is kind of frou-frou. If DH gets a job soon, I may order an outfit for him for the baby dedication that has color in it. They have a cute yellow one and several sailor syle ones.

Of course, I am still going to check out the lady in Charleston.

Good luck!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

bnme
02-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Toni,

Thanks! Not that I want to spend alot, but I am gona order a catolog anyway -just to see. I am alo considering a not-totally white outfit.

Good luck to you too

stillplayswithbarbies
02-27-2003, 01:26 PM
I have seen outfits like the ones on that website at JC Penney, on sale.

Also at Burlington Coat Factory. The one I go to does not have a Baby Depot department, but they do have baby clothes and they had a whole rack of white christening outfits.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Logan Bartholomew, EDD March 21

webma
02-28-2003, 12:32 PM
I bought a little white shirt, vest, pants outfit from dapperlads.com. It was about $40. The service was good and I liked the outfit. I've found it hard to find dressy clothes for a boy especially ones that aren't very pricey so I think this site was a good find.

Melanie
03-01-2003, 05:11 AM
The problem that I found with Burlington, BRU, JCP, and other places is that they did not carry above a 12 mo, or if they did they didn't have much of a selection.

I also fell in LOVE with the Sailor Suits at Wooden Soldier, but Dh just hates sailor suits and I actually gave him the choice between a white wear-once outfit and a sailor suit...guess what he chose? =)

Good luck with your search!

Mommy to Jonah

SASM
03-16-2003, 10:41 PM
I am currently looking for a christening outfit for Ian and came across Mom Shack. My husband wants a traditional gown for him but I am having the hardest time finding a "non-foofy" one, while I, personally, want a romper outfit. Anyway, I found an interesting compromise on this site ~ the "Matthew" is a romper with a separate skirt attachment. There are other interesting outfits on the site as well. Thought you might like to know... :-) Good luck!

http://www.momshack.com/ychristeninggowns.html

Momof3Labs
03-29-2003, 10:53 PM
More christening stuff here:

www.houseofhattenoutlet.com