PDA

View Full Version : Lands End now at Sears

Riley717
02-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that as of this past Sunday (2/23), Sears is carrying Lands End clothing for men, women, and children.

I guess that Sears bought the Lands End company a few months back.

The selection is pretty limited to the basics right now but the saleslady assured me that the assortment will grow with time.

I absolutely love their clothing so its great that the local Sears store is carrying them so I don't have to pay for shipping anymore.

Stephanie

C99
02-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Sears has carried LE-branded things for awhile. Though, you don't have to pay for shipping, there is a bit of a mark-up on each item, so with taxes, it may not be much of a savings.

malie
02-28-2003, 01:38 PM
They still aren't in all the Sears stores (for Christmas 2002 meaning somewhere between Oct and Nov, they were in 10 markets (about 180 stores I guess), this spring they increased to another 200 stores and officially they will be in all the Sears stores by Fall 2003

Land's End also seems to be the brand that is exclude when there is a promotion like save 10% on everything with your Sears card or get an extra discount coupons

Still it's one of those things if you know your prices, you might be able to find a deal (and at the very least you can try things on to at least get an idea of sizing, if you were unsure of how lands ends things fit)

momathome
02-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Lands End has been at Sears near me for a few months now and I have been able to snag some decent deals. I just bought my daughter a new LE winter coat that originally cost $60 and was marked down to $30. I also got her some leggings and a sweater that had been marked down to about $10 a piece. Initially the Sears near me was only carrying LE in sizes 4-14 for kids and adult sizes. I just recently noticed that they added infant and toddler sizes, too.
-Lauren

stillplayswithbarbies
02-28-2003, 04:38 PM
The bad thing about Sears owning Lands End is that when you order from Lands End on the internet, you have to pay sales tax now because Sears has stores in all 50 states.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Logan Bartholomew, EDD March 21

AngelaS
02-28-2003, 05:24 PM
But, if you buy online, you can return it to your local Sears.... :)

Nina31
02-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately, you can't return LE stuff at Sears. The LE website states so (I just checked it out to make sure). You will get charged though, for state tax. I've had that happen to me.

Nina

AngelaS
03-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Dang, right after the sale happened, I had a CS rep from LE tell me you could! That's a bummer!

brubeck
03-02-2003, 06:32 PM
LE has not been at our local Sears long enough for me to check this out, but I suspect that the LE stuff will be included in the seasonal clearance sales that Sears has to make room for new items. Yes, I know that the LE catalog also has these sales, but the selection is limited. In my experience department stores usually have something of everything left (although you have to hurry to get the size you want).

As my mother always taught me when I was a child, 'Look for the balloons!'. The clearance racks with the balloons on them always seem to have the best deals. :-)

And if you only want one item, the shipping is hideous (usually $7 or more) so I think even with a minor markup you still save with no shipping, especially if you have to pay tax on mail order now.

momathome
03-02-2003, 07:54 PM
I just checked the coat I got for my dd for $30 on clearance (marked down from $60). The price I paid at Sears is the same sale price listed on the LE website - the original price was the same, too. Are you sure about the mark-ups?
-Lauren

egoldber
03-06-2003, 10:52 AM
I checked my local Sears yesterday and they had a TON of Lands End childrens merchandise. This is new in my store since last week! They had most if not all of the infant and toddler sized items from the current catalog. And the prices seemed the same as the catalog. I didn't think to check for gear (diaper bags, etc.) but they probably had that too!

I am very excited about this. I love Lands End stuff, especially over my DD's big cloth diaper butt. :) This way I can try things on and buy locally without paying that dreadful shipping!

For those in the DC area, I was at the Sears at Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax.

HTH,

parkersmama
03-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh! That's really exciting to me, too! Our Sears in the process of selling off their inventory right now because they are moving to a big, new store that's much closer to my house. I buy about 50% of my kids clothes from Lands' End so I'll be thrilled to have the option of getting it without the shipping cost. I recently ordered from the catalog and was totally bummed to have to pay sales tax now on top of the shipping. UGH.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003