PDA

View Full Version : rave about naturalbabies.com

lisams
03-07-2003, 04:42 PM
I took the plunge after lurking and reading all of the posts about cloth diapers here. I attempted to cloth diaper my newborn (who is now 3 months old), but was not happy with the bulk of chinese prefolds, and the Kissaluvs did not fit my long baby very well. So I was bummed, but pulled out a Bumkins AIO and Fuzzibunz a few days ago that I had ordered before she was born (they were too big then and I just forgot about them until reading your posts). I am in love with both the Fuzzibunz and Bumkins AIO.

I went and ordered the baker's dozen Bumkins AIO from Colleen at naturalbabies. She had the best price, and her shipping fee was a flat rate (I think 3.75), even though it cost her 5.75 to actually ship it. The ordered arived within days, and she even included a little jar of cuticle cream! I was so excited!

The Bumkins AIOs have such a nice fit, and are so easy to use. The only drawback I see is that they take a while to dry, so I just hang them after 30 minutes in the drier.

The Fuzzibunz are awesome at keeping the moisture away from baby's bottom. I'll be ordering some more of these soon too! I read somewhere that you shouldn't use Desiten with cloth diapers. Does anyone know the ingredients I should be avoiding when using the cloth diapers?

I think I'm addicted now!!! Sorry this got long, I'm just so excited!

BTW, I never introduced myself, but I have been lurking for the longest time, and finally decided to come out from behind the bushes. This is such a nice group of mommies and daddies!!

Lisa

egoldber
03-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Welcome! And I agree, Colleen is the best. I recently had a problem with one of my FuzziBunz (the snap wouldn't stay closed) and she promptly replaced it, no questions asked. And she always includes a little "something" in an order. I always order from her when I can.

parkersmama
03-07-2003, 05:11 PM
I give a big thumbs up to Colleen at naturalbabies.com too! She is great. I actually placed a pretty big order with her (Kissaluvs, CPFs, a few covers, and 2 AIOs) a while back and was so pleased. The flat shipping is terrific and she included a few "goodies" with my order too. Also, she was fast and efficient and so easy to deal with!

Another great wahm that I've dealt with is Amber at Darling Diapers. I bought a good many wipes and doublers from her a while back and just purchased an AIO that came today. She is very easy to work with as well and her things are just too cute! Today she included a free wipe as a bonus with my AIO and it's adorable.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

AngelaS
03-10-2003, 04:17 PM
I've heard mixed reviews about Colleen. It's always good to hear positives about her. :) I need some more covers so I may have to check out her site.

I LOVE Darling Diapers too! I bought a kit and have been making my own. They just DON'T leak!! Amber is awesome to work!

egoldber
03-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Really? I don't think I have ever read a single negative review of her. She, Amanda at naturalebaby.com, Heather at punkinbutt.com and Amber of Darling Diapers are among the WAHMs I have never heard anything bad about.

Once I read a comment from a woman who complained because she took a DAY to respond to an e-mail.

I am curious what you heard.

todzwife
03-10-2003, 05:12 PM
I absolutely LOVE colleen! She is a Gem! That makes me sad that you have heard anything negative about her. I have never heard anything but compliments and raves about how fabulous she is, and I have to agree! She is amazing!
Shandelle ;)
EDD 10/17/03

sntm
03-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Love her selection, but am having problems getting the registry set up. Any suggestions? I never see the registry button I'm supposed to at checkout. Will try emailing her too.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

AngelaS
03-11-2003, 04:46 PM
I read the parents place cloth diapering board and she's received very mixed reviews there. But I think her customer service must be improving because in the last couple of months I've only heard raves about her. :)

I agree---I've only heard good things about Amanda, Amber and Melinda of Buckeye Bottoms too! :D

Calmegja
03-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Nothing but raves from here. Like someone above, the only complaint I read was someone who was emailing her at the wrong addy, and was upset....

My service from her has been top notch. I also like Cathy at Baby Belle Bottoms, and Amanda at Naturalebaby.....

Also a huge fan of the Bumkins and FB- that's what we do (with a few others thrown in there).....

Tanya
03-12-2003, 08:48 PM
I had trouble with the registry too. It's a little confusing. Just keep following through like you are checking out, but don't enter any payment information. I kept feeling like I was placing an order and even when she sends you a confirmation, it has an order number on it.
That would be my only complaint about naturalbabies.com. Setting up the registry or making changes is NOT easy. It's "simple" enough to buy from the registry, but still not the greatest. I like to look at what I'm buying, etc.

Anyway, I found Colleen very helpful at answering questions and I got my order very quickly...along with a couple small freebies. She even called me on the phone to let me know when the rest of my order was being shipped since it wasn't all in at once. The shipping charges were more than fair. She paid way more for shipping my stuff than she charged me ($3.95). I'd definitely order from her again.

Tanya

mamahill
03-14-2003, 06:07 PM
I placed a big order with her Monday night and left my phone number since my Internet was down. She called me Tuesday morning to verify a few things (was SOOOO nice) and I received my package Thursday. I am VERY pleased with my purchases and the entire process. Will definitely order from her in the future. She was so helpful. Thank you Beth for introducing me!

mama2be
03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
she actually talked me out of a big order I almost placed with her saying I didn't need them for a newborn. I respect her so much for that and hope to give her my business on products that she sells.

Edited to say: that I have spoken to many of these gals (company owners) or atleast emailed them and ALL have been super dooper!!! I am amazed at how organized, helpful and friendly they all have been. Many have newborns of their own and are keeping up with their business...

C99
03-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Have to chime in here as well. Colleen is great. She's really good about answering questions and she fills orders promptly. I also think it's cute that she always, always includes a freebie with her orders.

Melanie
03-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Now I'm feeling guilty for not buying from her! I was slowing (dial-up speed) parusing the net for hours trying to find some Kissaluvs Colors for Ds. Her site was one I went to, but she didn't have the colors I wanted. I'll have to keep her site in mind in case I decide to buy more.

I have some raves regarding customer service:
www.juliestuff.com
www.monkeybottoms.com
www.darlingdiapers.com
www.superdupas.com
www.lukesdrawers.com
www.sosdiapers.com

I have dealt with a lot of WAHMs, but these are some which I had returns or other reason to go back and forth with a bit or they shipped very quickly!

Mommy to Jonah

Momof3Labs
03-18-2003, 09:46 PM
I was very happy with Julie's Stuff, too! And Colleen with Natural Babies.

stace in aa
02-05-2006, 05:57 PM
After reading so many helpful tidbits on the boards, here's my first post:

I met Colleen yesterday when I went to her store in Northville, MI. She's great--and answered all of my cloth diaper questions--and even gave me a quick tutorial with all of the products. If you have the chance to visit the store, I highly recommend it--lots of great wooden toys, cute handknit items, etc. She gave me the same quantity discounts she offers online (as well as some "little extras"). I ended up getting a few dozen CPFs and some Kissaluvs 0 to try out for my first attempt at cloth diapering (my EDD is 3/30).