PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Pulitzer Mother-Daughter Outfits

Becky1290
03-09-2003, 11:18 AM
What do people think of Lilly Pulitzer clothing? I LOVE the colors, the patterns, and the fact that you can get matching mother-daughter outfits. I'm wondering whether anyone has had any experience with them.

What other companies do you like for mother-baby outfits? I see a lot of endorsements of Hanna Andersson here. Any other ideas?

Thinking ahead to Mother's Day,
Becky

Rachels
03-09-2003, 12:18 PM
CUTE!!!! I'd never seen this, but it's adorable.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
03-09-2003, 02:53 PM
I am a huge Lilly fan!!!...

Excellent "simple" outfits...tres prep!!!
I went to all girl's school and Lilly was everywhere!!!

Look at the fabric closely her name is in the design of all of her fabrics somewhere!!!!

Be prepared to pay a lot it is expensive clothing with very simple lines you do pay for the name but the bright colors hold up very well. I have some vintage Lilly from my mom's younger days.

My mom makes quilts and there was a time about 20 years ago that Lilly sold her fabrics and mom made a gorgeous quilt from the different fabrics!!!

I think you'll love it!!!

momathome
03-09-2003, 03:31 PM
I recently received a Children's Wear Digest catalog that had a lot of mother/daughter outfit choices that were very cute - some of the clothes featured were Lily Pulitzer. If you are in the Philadelphia area, Lily holds outlet sales at the Valley Forge Convention Center twice a year and sells her clothes for well below retail. I bought myself a sweater that was originally over $100 for $40 and my dd a dress that retailed for $62 for $19. The stuff is very cute. I'm not sure if she holds these sales around the country or only in Philly - I noticed a Lily Pulitzer corporate building in the area so it may be something that is unique only to this area. Oh, the website for Children's Wear Digest is cwdkids.com. Good luck!
-Lauren

parkersmama
03-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I LOVE her stuff! I've never had an opportunity to match before but now that I'll have a daughter, I'll probably get something eventually. The only thing is the cost is outrageous! As for Hanna Andersson...I love her clothes too. I actually wear a lot of her women's clothes. They hold up really well and fit very nicely. The colors stay nice and bright through lots of washing and wearing. I highly recommend them and of course, the prices are more reasonable (although still on the high side, huH?!).

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

jojo2324
03-11-2003, 12:16 AM
I have a few Lillys in my collection; I love searching for her name!

Last year before I delivered I got it into my thick skull that I was *definitely* having a girl and was so tempted to do the matching mother-daughter thing. (Believe it or not, I resisted!) We used to sell the kids' stuff in the clothing store I worked at; I was able to get my stuff at cost because of that. The prices are not cheap, that's for sure! And they just started selling infant sizes this past year, at least to smaller businesses. I think they had sold them previously to places like Barney's and Saks. Maybe Gannon and I will have matching swim suits this summer. :D

Just an FYI...Their clothing seems to run a little big. Whenever I wore pants, I always had droopy drawers.

ddmarsh
03-11-2003, 08:19 AM
I noticed some Lilly pieces as Pea In the Pod - they were so cute. Unfortunately I was too big to look halfway decend in larger size prints!

Debbie