PDA

View Full Version : More Stride Rite Questions

cara1
03-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Okay, so I think I have to buy DS his first pair of shoes (OMG!) this weekend, since he's walking all over the place, and not just in the house. Stride Rite sells regular Baby shoes and also the Stride Rite "Natural Motion System". Of course, the coupons don't work for the Natural motion system. Do they really have a softer sole for new walkers, or will the regular Stride Rites do just fine?

atlbaby
03-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Congratulations on DS's first shoes!!! I think it's such a big step (no pun intended:) )...I got Arielle her first pair when I *thought* she was about to walk, in September, but I was overeager because she didn't really take off until mid October.

Anyhow, back to your question. I was just at the Stride Rite Outlet on Sunday and asked the saleswoman your exact question because they had such a limited selection (in Arielle's size) of the Natural Motion System shoes. She said that it really is best to use the NMS shoes until the sizes run out, even as they get to be better walkers/runners. They have softer soles, and she said if I transferred Arielle to their regular baby shoes I'd have to really gradually ease her into wearing them because she would probably trip all over the place with the heavier shoes. Plus, the NMS have the exact same soles (and support) regardless of dress shoe, sandal, sneaker, or traditional walker which I like come summertime. While I'm sure I could get her comfortable in the regular ones, I figured it just seems silly to rush things and risk having her trip etc, since she's walking so well!

Also, have you checked out Target for their Baby Smart line of Stride Rites? I bought Arielle a dress pair for I think $13, and they have the same sole as the NMS!

Sorry this is so long!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

trumansmom
03-14-2003, 03:32 PM
I wanted to second her suggestion of checking out the Babysmart or Kidsmart lines at Target. Whenever Truman goes up a size, I go to Stride Rite and get him fitted and buy his everyday shoes there, and then go to Target and get a second "sometimes" pair.

Also, this is a good time to go to Stride Rite. I got an email yesterday that it's buy one pair, get the second pair 1/2 off until March 31.

Congratulations on the milestone! It's sooo much fun!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

Melanie
03-14-2003, 03:51 PM
I compared the Target's to the first walkers at Stride, and to me, the Stride Rites were more flexible.

Mommy to Jonah

cara1
03-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks everybody. I'll go to SR tomorrow and look for the NMS shoes, although unfortunately I think they're excluded from the sale. I'll give DS a try, and if I'm so inclined, I'll check out Target in a few weeks. After all, how am I to decide on just one pair??? (sneakers, brown shoes, black shoes....etc.) :)

gravymommy3
03-14-2003, 07:06 PM
If you can go to the Stride Rite outlet, it may be worthwhile. I purchased two pairs (1/2 size apart) of NMS for Hayden at $16.99 each (I think they were the Marni Butterfly and the regular stores carries the Marni Flowers or vice versa but both styles are equally cute and the ones in the reg. store are $42). So it really is a lot cheaper if you are near an outlet and they have your size. Also, Parisian stores sometime carry SR and they put them on sale as well. Good luck.