PDA

View Full Version : lining break in Pampers??

skinnycat
03-14-2003, 01:12 AM
my daughter has been wearing size 3 baby dry diapers for a while now. lately, when i change her, i notice the lining in the diaper is broken and there are the crystal gels on her bottom. has anyone else experienced this? any harm?
thanks, cat

egoldber
03-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Well, it definitely should not happen. This could happen if the diaper gets too saturated (maybe you need to move up a size?). If the diaper is not saturated, then this is a defective batch and I would call Pampers.

HTH,

August Mom
03-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Occasionally we see the gel residue when the diaper is very wet but there is no break in the lining. Here's a link to the Pampers site where this is discussed in #13. http://www.pampers.com/en_US/products/products/diapertipsindex.jhtml

brubeck
03-14-2003, 11:28 AM
If it is a defective batch, NOTIFY PAMPERS!

I bought a bag a of Cruisers few months ago which had 3 diapers that had the velcro tabs rip off. When I looked at the diapers, I could see that they were sewn incorrectly, so when I tried to pull the tabs away from the diaper they ripped off.

Now normally I would just say grrrr and go on with my life but I was in an especially bad mood so I took the diapers and wrote a letter to Pampers complaining, and stuffed the diapers as examples in an envelope to mail to them. Problem was, I couldn't find an address to send them to, even on their web site. So I called up the 800 number and talked to a person and asked for the address. She gave it to me, but also asked if she could help. I told her the problem. She apologized profusely.

I mailled the letter and diapers. I also sent the letter I had written to Pampers via their email customer service at their web site.

2 weeks later I had THREE responses (one from each method of communication) that apologized in a written letter. Each letter also included coupons for Pampers! I ended up with coupons for 3 free jumbo packs and $12 off.

Needless to say I LOVE Pampers. (P&G)

So complain! Let them know! It's worth it! :-)