PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy preemie clothes online (and have them shipped quick...)

etwahl
03-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Everyone, Lauren is literally swimming in the newborn and 0-3 months and I know she'll grow quick, but I want something for in the meantime.

Any sites you know of where I can order and have them shipped quick? I'm looking for basics - tshirts, sleepers, socks, etc.

Thanks!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

nathansmom
03-16-2003, 08:47 PM
My friend who had a preemie baby ordered from the gap and this place called nutureplace. The web address is www.nutureplace.com. They offer 10% off your first order and I believe free shipping and they send out your order the day you place your order if in by a certain time. You might want to check it out. I hope this helps you.

www.nurtureplace.com sorry I spelled the website wrong the first time

Momof3Labs
03-16-2003, 08:49 PM
www.gap.com has preemie and newborn sized clothes - they ship pretty quickly but it takes a little while to get stuff. You could pay for rush shipping, though, I'm sure.

We used a lot of Carter's gowns when Colin was tiny (size doesn't matter as much), and within a few weeks he was wearing the 0-3 month stuff fine.

August Mom
03-16-2003, 09:39 PM
You can buy some preemie items at Gymboree on-line. http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_category.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=1255673&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1282677&bmUID=1047864044919

Good luck.

smomom
03-16-2003, 09:46 PM
If you have anyone that can get out for you (or if you feel like venturing out), the Target and Walmart in my area have started carrying more preemie essentials. Since she will be growing like a weed soon you probably don't want to spend a lot of money on them.

I hope things are going better for you now. You've been in my thoughts. The first couple of weeks can be rough. Under your circumstances it's even worse. Hang in there. We're cheering for you!

also..... I may have missed it, so forgive me - but did you get to tell your husband about his little girl?

momathome
03-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Little Me has a newborn size that is smaller than 0-3. I think it's for babies up to 8 lbs and can be found in most department stores. This was the only thing that fit my dd the first month - she was 5lb14oz at birth but only 5lb9oz when we brought her home. I really needed preemie diapers but couldn't find them anywhere - we used newborn size for a full month. Good luck!
-Lauren

todzwife
03-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Preemie.com :) HTH!

mamahill
03-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Do you have a friend who could run to BRU for you? My mom bought Ainsleigh a couple preemie sleepers that she lived in for the first couple weeks until her 0-3 month sleepers weren't ridiculously big on her. Also, the newborn nightgowns worked well for us. Good luck! (and can I just say, "Awwwww, so cute!" about the size!)

SASM
03-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Hi Tammy,

I second Sarah's BRU suggestion. Also, try Target ~ they have basic sleepers, etc. I also have seen some sleepers, etc. at JC Penney. BRU has a good selection ~ maybe someone could go there for you. That way you have the clothes right away and no shipping involved :-) She will grow into the "0-3 month" clothes before you know it. Good luck! I hope the breastfeeding is getting easier :-)

OH...if you can, try to find the side-snap t-shirts (Gerber). They were a lifesaver!

newbelly2002
03-17-2003, 03:18 AM
If JC Penny is nearby, they had a number of premie items. I also second Sharyn's suggestion of side snap T-shirts. In fact, anyhing by Gerber runs a good chunk smaller(in my opinion)than most other brands. Dante was small when we brought him home (5 lbs. 14 oz) and was in the premie outfits for about the first 4 weeks.

Also, I hope the BF is going better. Sorry I didn't respond earlier; I seem to have contracted food poisining over the weekend. Ugh. The first few months of BF were very very hard. It took 3 people to keep Dante awake: one to tickle his feet, one to put drops of cold water on his forehead, and me trying to keep his mouth open long enough to drink. But as others have said, it DOES get easier. Not right away, but it does. But you need to keep you healthy in order to be a good mom to Lauren. As hard as it is, make sure you sleep, eat and have a few minutes of alone time for a shower (bath, leisurely breakfast, etc.)

I'll be thinking of you, Lauren, and Evan today.

Paula

LisaS
03-17-2003, 06:06 AM
I agree that BabyGap has great preemie stuff. Also, Petit Bateau newborn size and even 1 month size is teeny (french babies are much smaller than ours) and fits newborns beautifully. It is more expensive than Carters, but I had just a few of these in the beginning (even w/an 8 1/2lb baby, most 0-3 stuff was swimming) and the PB stuff fit much better.

Babystyle.com has them and always has free shipping or special offers on their site - the flat rib kimono onesies and tees were my favorite:
http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductFrame.asp?DepartmentID=1&CategoryID=28&SubCategoryID=132&ClassID=495

Here's the tee and legging set - I know I'm in the minority but I preferred 2 piece outfits - hated doing all the snaps on footed one piece outfits - found it much easier to take off pants.
http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductFrame.asp?DepartmentID=1&CategoryID=28&SubCategoryID=132&ClassID=495

LucyG
03-17-2003, 09:45 AM
We had the same problem (and still do, to an extent). I second the "Little Me" outfits. They are called "newborn," and go to 8 pounds. At nearly a month old, my daughter is still wearing them. Also, we received several sleep sacks of the brand Bon Bebe. I think they came from Ross. They go to 14 or so pounds, but since they don't have legs, they work well for small babies. We have also just rolled up the arms on the 0-3 months sleepers, and let her legs "swim" for now! She seems perfectly content in them.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-17-2003, 02:37 PM
I remember when my first son was born and some of the footed terry sleepers were too long for him, I would put them on and then put socks over the feet to keep the feet/legs in place. Otherwise he would kick his way out of the legs, or the legs would hang way down past his feet. We rolled the arms up a bit.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21

Rachels
03-17-2003, 04:35 PM
These are sooooooo cute!

http://www.nurseryroom.com/shop/catalogue/catalogue.asp?catid=2

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02