PDA

View Full Version : Cotton sleepers for bigger baby

daisymommy
03-20-2003, 10:43 AM
I love Carters light weight cotton one piece footed sleepers (in the outlet they're only 7 dollars!). They're the typical snap up (sometimes zip-up) baby pjs. But alas, my 7 month old is now in 9-12 month clothes, and Carters (as well as many otehr places), starts with the yucky-tacky nylon ployester fabric in that size. Where can I find the typical cotton stuff I'm used to in bigger sizes? And it can't be narrow cut like a string-bean baby (GAP makes their pakaged sleepers like this.) I need some lightweight pjs for warmer nights (but not really short sleeved, and shorts yet.

While I'm here with TWO hands to type with :7 (amazing!) where can I get printed onsie type shirts with matching knit pants for Spring time weather for a boy? They're easy to find for girls (leggings and onsie type shirts), but not boys. I LOVED McBaby when he was smaller, but they stop at 6-9 months.

It's good to back back online! Josh has cut 3 teeth now and looks like a little jack-o-lantern. I told my mother he could stay with her until he got all his teeth...the fussing and screaming was so bad! I didn't even dare frustrate myself lately trying to keep-in-touch. But Oh how I missed-ya-all!

egoldber
03-20-2003, 11:26 AM
Amy, BuyBuyBaby and Baby Deopt both carry a line called "Baby Tales". They make very nice footed cotton sleepers up to size 24 month. If you don't need footed sleepers, then BRU/KRU/TRU carry their own line (miniwear?) that make nice cotton sleepers without feet. Sarah had several very cute ones.

For the onesies and pants, I know Hanna Andersson and Lands End carry stuff like this. You may want to try the Lands End Overstocks page.

HTH.

khakismom
03-20-2003, 12:09 PM
I ran into the same problems as you. I loved Carters sleepers for my baby until she hit the 12M size. I've searched high and low for good sleepers, and our favorite footed sleepers are from Children's Place. They zip up and have a snap at the top. They're soft inside and out, are 100% cotton, and don't have the plastic feet at the bottom (which Carter's does at 18M+). When you look at them, they do look narrow-cut (like BabyGap) but don't let that fool you. They have tons of give to them.

As for onesie tops and matching knit pants, you might try Old Navy. During DD's first fall and spring (when she was wearing 6-12M and 12-18M clothes), she had probably 4-5 outfits of onesie + pants from Old Navy that she *lived* in.

HTH! And happy shopping! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Baby girl 6/12/03

Melanie
03-21-2003, 03:03 AM
Ooh! Don't you know I've returned TWO pairs of PJs and am trying to sell another on ebay that I cut the tags off of...all b/c they won't fit over my son's cloth-tush! The ones we're using now I LOVE..they are Agabang and I got them at Costco (thus I can't get anymore). I'll have to check out those stores next time I'm in the areas...

For the pants & tops I just got an outfit from Hanna Andersson and I love it. THere's a striped T, solid wiggle pants, cute little moccasins, knitted sweater and a matching knit hat! I sure hope it's chilly for the Easter Egg hunt so he can wear it! I wish I could get some more of their stuff, but it comes with a price. Their customer service is great though! I've had to call twice (b/c I ordered the wrong sizes). My suggestions are to order smaller on the moccasins if you want them to fit now and you're between sizes, and order larger on the hats. ;-)

Mommy to Jonah

megsmom
03-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Children's Place also sells some long cotton zipper sleepers up to 24 months. Meg is still wearing a couple of them and they've worn very well.

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01

daisymommy
03-21-2003, 09:37 PM
I was excited to find that my local outlet mall has a Children's Place in it. How I never realized that, I don't know. They have their stretchy sleepers for 3 for $25 now, so I bought 6 of them in the 12 month size. They look rediculously long, but then the 6/9 month ones looked just big enough, without room to spare, and I figured they'll probably shrink a little (yes? no?). They're very cute and soft though! I also got two sets of onesies with matching knit pants for $10 a set! I've found a new favorite store! Thanks for the suggestions ladies!