PDA

View Full Version : Unisex infant clothes

Eilly
03-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for clothes for my seven-month old son.

Looks like most clothing for boys has either sporty logos or trucks and cars on it. Either this or stripes!

Does anyone know a brand which does clothes in soft cotton that are bright solid colors (or else with fun patterns that are a bit less stereotyped)?

A lot of girls clothes out there also seem to be pink with flowers/kittens/hearts etc.

Any advice on clothing brands which avoid this would be welcome. Would be great if you can find them online too.

Thanks.

anna lisa
03-21-2003, 11:42 PM
I've found nice boy outfits in solids at Bloomingdales in Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren. I've bought for gifts on the clearance rack at amazingly low prices. One Tommy Hilfiger outfit cost me $5.99 marked down from $32!

I think those two brands have a nice "little man" style to them. Not too babyish.

I totally understand what your talking about and hope others can give you more "real life" experiences.

Momof3Labs
03-22-2003, 12:01 AM
I feel your pain!! Colin is moving into 12 month sizes and I have a hard time finding stuff I like - especially because I would like him to still dress like a baby!

The two that come to mind are Lands End and Hanna Andersson - although they both tend to do a lot with stripes, I think that they still carry a fair amount of stuff in solids.

natividad
03-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Although a bit pricy, I really like the clothes from Talbots Kids. There is also Jacadi (very pricy as well). I have to say that I personally have been too impressed with the customer service at my local Jacadi store, but ordering on-line might be a different story.

HTH,
Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/2003

natividad
03-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Ooops, I meant to write that I have NOT been too impressed with the customer service at my local Jacadi store.

Naty

egoldber
03-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Hanna Anderson, although with a lot of stripes, tends to have lots of clothes in fun colors, many of which are unisex (or at least I would consider them unisex).

HTH,

Andrea S
03-28-2003, 10:54 PM
I just got 2 outfits from the store. What kind of problems did you have? I need to exchange 1 of them for a different size I hope they do not give me a hard time.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

newbelly2002
03-29-2003, 03:53 AM
H&M if you have one near you. Lots of bright colors for boys, reds and yellows, also a lot of muted sage greens and khakis. I'm not a hug fan of blue and Nascar logos, so it has been a Godsend. Also Petite Bateau--but this one can be pretty pricey, also they run smaller than most American sizes.

Paula

Melanie
03-29-2003, 04:59 AM
Check out the Easter Outfit thread below...there's some good boys clothing in there!

Rachels
03-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Have you seen Oink!Baby clothes? They're soooo cute-- lots of bright colors. Check out www.oinkbaby.com . I don't love the website, but you'll get an idea, and you can find stockists that way.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

natividad
03-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Well, when I went there they had just opened the store at Tyson's Galleria and they were probably still trying to iron out some kinks. I saw a changing pad that I wanted and I requested that they set it aside for me since I wanted to measure my dressing table first to make sure the pad fit on top of it. The salesperson took my information (relunctantly and somewhat annoyed - how dare I put something on hold at Jacadi - was her attitude). Anyway, when I came back the next evening, they could not find the changing pad anywhere in the store. The salesperson that supposedly put the pad on hold didn't know what had happened to it or could not "recall" where she had placed it. Unbelievable! I love their stuff, but I was really annoyed by the whole experience. I hope they have been able to get things together by now.

Naty,

Eilly
03-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all these folks. Am going to have fun checking all this stuff out.

cara1
03-29-2003, 10:56 PM
I agree with some of the above, like H&M and Hannas. But I also like Gap, Zutano, and there are a few outfits in the Company Kids Catalog that are cute. Generally, I don't like Old Navy because it is all really "boyish" with sports and stuff like you said. Ick.

Andrea S
03-30-2003, 11:14 PM
They just started carrying some oinkbaby in Marhsall Fields. I was in there today and they said it was brand new. They had some cute shortalls. Nice bright colors.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

lesliepear
03-30-2003, 11:54 PM
I didn't find all the stuff from Old Navy to be sportish. They had nice thermal onesies in solid colors, sweatpants, some of the ringer tees have no athletic logos.

MelissaTC
03-31-2003, 12:33 AM
I love Zutano clothing. Some is striped but other items are solids and prints. Very cute. Super soft cotton and so gentle next to DS's skin. I love the rompers and overalls. Pricing is somewhat reasonable. I just bought him some items at Marshalls. Otherwise, I purchase on-line or at my local baby boutique. You can check out their website at www.zutano.com to see where you can find the clothes near you. HTH! :)

Andrea S
03-31-2003, 08:50 AM
I you live near a Marshall Fields they carry a few Zutano. I was there yesterday and they have completely redone their children's department.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

stillplayswithbarbies
03-31-2003, 05:01 PM
I just found Zutano at Marshall's! Got some great little baby girl stuff for $5.99. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I never would have recognized the brand name if it weren't for the discussions on this board.

(Marshalls is like TJ Maxx.)

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03