PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Hilfiger Baby Clothes

tiaz2088
03-25-2003, 05:39 PM
I just bought my *baby girl* edd 4/30 a summer cotton Tommy dress at Ross for $14.99. It says it's 6-12 months, so my question is does anyone know how Tommy baby clothes run for the "average" baby/infant?

I got a great deal on the dress, but I don't want to keep it if there's a chance she will be too big by next summer to wear it, since it's a 6/12 month.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Tia (clueless first time Mommy) & baby girl edd 4/30

trumansmom
03-25-2003, 06:38 PM
That's a tough call. In my experience, Tommy clothes sizing runs all over the place. We received a beautiful Tommy outfit as a shower gift in a 3-6 month size, and Truman was way too big for it by 2 1/2 months. But on the other hand, I bought him three pair of shorts last year in 6-12 months and he outgrew one pair by the time he was 7 months old, one pair fit him all summer and the third pair was still too big for him at 10 months. (That's when it got too cold for him to wear shorts anymore here.) So, I don't know what the return policy is at Ross, but could you hold onto it and the receipt for a while?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

jenmcadams
03-25-2003, 06:40 PM
We have one or two Tommy things and they tend to run pretty average relative to other brands. Having said that, it's pretty tough to tell what your baby will be able to wear a year from birth. I'm relatively petite and my husband is average, but my daughter has been pretty big all along (90th weight 50-75th in length). She's just now turning 7 months and already growing out of her 6-12 month stuff.

HTH

skygoddess
03-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi,
Congratulations on your baby girl! I have an 8-month-old DD, and we we received a couple of Tommy outfits in size 6-12 months that fit her perfectly right now (she's pretty much a 50th-percentile baby size wise). I don't think she'll still fit in them a couple of months from now. My guess is your baby may be too big for the dress next summer unless she is a very small girl. She may, however, fit into it THIS summer if she's a big girl. Size is pretty hard to predict, though. Maybe you could use it as a shower gift for a friend if you decide to keep it and it ends up not fitting.

Hope this helps! Best of luck.

Nancy

tiaz2088
03-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Thank you so much for your replies. I'm going to go ahead and take the dress back. She'll be a year old next April/May and the dress is 6-12 months. After thinking about it, I doubt she will be able to wear it unless she is small. I'm 5'7 and DH is 5'9, not tall or big people, but I think she'll be average size. But, I know not to assume! LOL!

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply and give a clueless first time Mommy some great advice!

Tia & *baby girl* edd 4/30/03