PDA

View Full Version : gymboree friends and family and other discounts

kirstensmom
03-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know how often Gymboree has their friends and family discount? I know there was one around the end of January. I got them to give me the discount in the store. also, if I signed up in the store for the mailing list will they send me the next friends and family discount?? Are there any discounters that carry old Gymboree lines? I saw a few things at Marshall's the other day but they were from a 2001 line and they didn't have much. I love their clothes but don't want to pay full price.

Thanks for any information anyone may have.

kirsten's mom

parkersmama
03-27-2003, 03:57 PM
I buy a ton of stuff in there and I'm on their list and don't receive the friends and family discount in the mail. The times that I've gotten that discount I just lucked into by being there and one of the employees handing me a card (sort of on the sly like it wasn't supposed to be done?? ridiculous!). I've also run across that discount on the web a few times. Someone usually posts the code here that you can use online for it.

Other than that and the Gymbucks which anyone can get, just keep your eyes open if there's something that you really want. Their stuff goes on sale about 25% off after about 1-2 months of being in the store. After that it ususally goes down even more in another month or so. If you have trouble finding the sizes you need in the stores, try their website. I've had better luck with it as far as sizing goes and everything has always arrived in a timely fashion with no problems.

jenmcadams
03-27-2003, 07:02 PM
I've actually gotten a number of things NWT (new with tags) off of eBay. Just search for "Gymboree NWT 6-12" (or whatever size you're interested in and see what comes up. I've had great luck with everything I've gotten NWT from eBay

kirstensmom
03-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll just have to look out then. I also got the friends and family discount on the "sly" last time. I was just hoping there was some kind of way to be on their friends and family list.

Thanks again

kirsten's mom

teddy
03-28-2003, 10:54 AM
How does one get the Gymbucks?

malie
03-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Teddy,
Gymbucks appear at different times during the year, then for each $50 you purchase you get $25 Gymbucks. A couple of weeks later during the redemption period you need to spend another $50 to use the $25 gymbuck so in the end you spend $75 for your $100 purchase (not including tax and or shipping if you order on-line). If you sign up for email from Gymboree I'm pretty sure they alert you to when the GYMBUCKS weeks are

AngelaS
03-29-2003, 07:54 AM
I always got my discount card from my acquaintance that worked there. She quit about 6 months ago and I don't know if I'm still on the list.

Has anyone else noticed that Gymboree seems to have raised prices and is now doing more 20,25 or 30% off promos? For example, this years Easter dresses are $42, where as last year they were about $36. That's about a 20% increase! So what good is a 20% discount if the regular prices are that much higher?

Granted, they still have the 2 for $18 basics but I hear varying things on that. Yesterday was a Rise and Shine promo and I heard that some stores would take the 25% discount off the regular prices of those basics, while some stores took 25% off the $18. I think corporate needs to communicate how things work a bit better!

Don't get me wrong---I love to shop at Gymboree. I'm just getting frustrated with playing the 'game' of knowing when the next promo is, guessing if the items I want are 'hot' and will be gone before the sale and then trying to buy when I can get the most for my money! LOL

teddy
03-29-2003, 04:53 PM
thanks!