PDA

View Full Version : Big, floppy sunhat?

nigele
03-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Can anybody suggest a good sunhat? I want something with a wide brim to protect Tom's eyes from the sun. I was ready to order one from Hanna Andersson but wondered if there were any other good ones out there?

TIA!

August Mom
03-30-2003, 11:33 AM
I like the one I bought at Baby Gap. It's cotton and has a wide brim and chin strap with velcro closure (key now that DS has figured out how to remove a hat). The style I bought was $10.50 and comes in khaki and white. I also read on another post that Old Navy makes nice sunhats, but I haven't seen them myself.

brubeck
03-30-2003, 01:18 PM
The old Navy ones are similar to the Gap ones, only they are a little less frilly/trendy and cost about $6.50.

egoldber
03-30-2003, 01:37 PM
I tend to prefer the ones with a velcro chin strap as opposed to a tie. They bother Sarah less and she keeps them on longer.

I got a nice one at OshKosh a couple months ago for $8. Last year Target had really nice ones for about $3, but I haven't seen them yet this season.

HTH,

Karenn
03-30-2003, 02:06 PM
I got one with a velcro chin strap at Target a couple of days ago for around $5. It's OK, but I'm thinking I might try to find a better one. The brim isn't as big as it could be and the sun still gets in his eyes fairly easily.

Andrea S
03-30-2003, 11:11 PM
I ordered some from Hanna and I love them. The brim is wide enough it covers the back of his neck too. I like the ties b/c I could get a better fit than the velcro. He has been wearing the pilot's hats all winter and has not messed with the ties, but that may change now we will see.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

colleenfs
03-31-2003, 12:38 PM
I saw some cute ones at The Rugged Bear and in the One Step Ahead catalog.

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

nohomama
03-31-2003, 01:49 PM
I like the hats mad by Flaphappy. They have several styles but the one we like has a wide brim and a tie closure. Sorry, but I can't remember how much I paid for it. Probably about $10.

Melanie
03-31-2003, 05:42 PM
I liked the selection at Old Navy Last year. Osh Kosh seems to have similiar so we picked up one from their outlet for this year (no chin strap, might be a problem).

I've noticed the girl's hats seem to have a wider brim, but the Old Navy chin-strap one was still plenty wide, and it stayed on in the wind. ;-)

Mommy to Jonah

parkersmama
03-31-2003, 10:04 PM
I usually like the hats from Gymboree. The baby sizes have chin straps but the older sizes do not. Chin straps always seemed to drive my kids nuts and they actually did better in hats that didn't have them. I think it's totally a personal preference thing. I'd start with one with a chin strap and see how it goes.

nigele
04-03-2003, 11:22 AM
I ended up finding a cute, denim floppy hat at Baby Gap for $10.50. It's precious!

Thanks for the help everybody!