PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins and Miniwear Brands

JustMare
04-11-2003, 06:43 PM
I purchased a beautiful 3 piece outfit (bib, top and diaper cover) with embroidered roses by Vitamins for $9.99 today at BRU. I also found cute matching shoes by Miniwear to match.

How are these brands for quality? The Vitamins outfit is very soft and looks well made. I'm just not familar with these brands. Are they exclusive to BRU?

I purchased this for a friend's new baby who was born just last week at 6 pounds 19 inches. I bought the outfit in size 3-6 months. How long do you think this would fit her?

I'm so clueless! I'm taking notes from you ladies!!

stillplayswithbarbies
04-11-2003, 10:05 PM
It will be too big for the baby for several months.

I have seen the Vitamin Kids brand at a local baby boutique and at Marshalls, but I haven't bought any so I can't speak to the quality.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Annette_C
04-11-2003, 10:27 PM
Mare,
I'm familiar with Vitamin Kids but not Miniwear.
The Vitamin Kids brand is sold at Filene's and other reputable stores (here in CT) and I never had a problem with them. I do find that they tend to run a little big so your friend will get plenty of use from your gift....but not immediately.
HTH,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

momathome
04-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Mimiwear is a Babies R Us/Kids R Us exlusive. Quality is so-so - there stuff is quite affordable but does tend to shrink and fade.
-Lauren

JerseyMom
04-13-2003, 09:01 PM
I love Vitamins! It is a good quality name brand. I consider it close to Little Me quality.

jubilee
04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
I bought lots of miniwear onesies and sleepers (the kind they sell in the plastic bags). And I think they are great. They haven't shrunk, are very soft, and quite affordable. The sizing is generous too! I give them a thumbs up.

MinnieMouse
04-23-2003, 10:39 AM
My dd wore tons of Miniwear clothes her first 1.5 yrs and I loved them. Really affordable, especially when you hit their huge sales, cute and they washed really well. I never had ANY problems with shrinking or fading.

HTH

Christine

khakismom
04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Love the Miniwear and Koala Kids stuff sold at BRU (the Koala Kids clothes sold at KRU are really NMS). My DD is 2 and now almost all her clothes are for playing and really take a beating. You can't beat the prices and they hold up really well in the wash!

As far as your friend's baby, it really depends on how quickly she grows and gains weight. MY DD was 7 lb/14 oz/21 in. at birth and was into size 3-6 months at 6/7 weeks of age. She wore 3-6 sizes for about 2 months.

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03