PDA

View Full Version : baby locket?

stillplayswithbarbies
04-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know where to buy a baby locket? This would be for wearing just for picture taking and as an heirloom, obviously, not for her to wear for more than a few minutes at a time while closely supervised.

My mom was visiting this week and mentioned that I wore her baby locket, since we are both named Karen and it was engraved with a K, but Logan will need her own locket. She wants to buy one, but we don't know where to look. Do they still make baby lockets, or have the safety issues made jewelry stores wary of selling such things in this day and age?

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Kimberly H
04-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Karen, I've seen sterling silver baby lockets at the only upscale baby boutique (absolutely t-i-n-y boutique) at this end of Myrtle Beach so they're still out there!

Good luck!

C99
04-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Try Things Remembered.

danielleh
04-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi,

I have seen these at Fortunoff's (a jewelery and home store in NY and NJ). They also have a web site, www.fortunoff.com.

HTH,
Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

parkersmama
04-13-2003, 04:39 PM
I think that lots of jewelry stores (particularly the upscale ones) still sell these. My mom just told me that they have a box for the baby from our favorite "fancy" jewelry store and I'm really hoping it's either a locket or bracelet for the baby! My boys (of course) never had that sort of stuff so I'm really excited about getting to play with those goodies! :-)

ddmarsh
04-13-2003, 04:54 PM
After three boys I have found the whole baby girl jewelery thing completely overwhelming - I want everything :). Lily received a really pretty hard bangle bracelet as a gift as well as a tiny ring that was engraved with her first initial. I would love a locket, if you find a place that has mail/internet order please let me know if you have a chance ([email protected]). Also, I came across this the other day and ordered one for her baptism, see link attached.

Debbie

Annette_C
04-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Karen,
I have a very good friend who's a jeweler...I'll ask her if you want. She has beautiful european style jewelry and I've gotten Sabrina a couple of things already (besides what she received at her baptism as gifts).
I got a nice pearl and gold chain with a little cherub medallion on it...it's so adorable! Plus, Sabrina is wearing earrings already so, I'm having fun!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

parkersmama
04-14-2003, 03:30 PM
I couldn't get the link. I'm not sure why but it said the page was no longer available. Can you post it again?

If I find a good internet source I'll be sure to let you know!!

ddmarsh
04-14-2003, 09:10 PM
If this doesn't work just email me and I'll send it to you directly.

http://www.adorablebabygifts.com/adorable_products/jewelry/christening-name-bracelet_d.htm

Happy girl shopping :).

Debbie

stillplayswithbarbies
04-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Yes, I'd appreciate it if you could ask her, especially if she knows a place locally to look at baby jewelry.

Thanks for all the links everyone. I have seen several nice ones online, and they even have matching mother necklaces at some places. I just have to decide which links to send to Grandma. :)

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

parkersmama
04-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Very cute!! Thanks!

sweetbasil
04-15-2003, 03:25 PM
You might try www.ross-simons.com

I love their site for jewelry, home decor, dinnerware, and lots of other pretty things....I did a "locket" search on their site and got 12 hits, at least 2 of which were obviously for babies. They have a few storefronts, mostly on the east coast (I believe), but their site has that info too.

HTH!