PDA

View Full Version : Questions Re: Baby Shoos

kathsmom
04-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Before I place an order with the co-op, I have a couple of questions about these shoes. DH said I could only order 1 pair for DS :(

I am wondering first of all about the size. When they have the measurement listed next to the size (i.e., 0-6 months, 4 1/2"), does the 4 1/2" refer to the length of the shoe or the baby's foot? I measured DS's foot and it was about 4-4 1/2 inches long (depending on where you measure it from!!). I need some help picking out a size for those of you with experience with this brand.

Also, I am interested in the navy giraffe shoes (I have a thing for whimsical giraffes!). Would they be too hot for DS this summer? Would I be better off getting the sandals? I think the sandals only come in the medium and large sizes, and I am not sure that DS could wear the medium size. I live in Georgia, so can we say hot, humid, sticky, and downright uncomfortable in the summer? I don't want DS's feet to sweat to death!!

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!

BTW, did anyone have trouble with the link www.babyshoos.com? Everytime I clicked on the link that Sandy put in her post on the co-op thread, it would always say the page could not be displayed. I did a search on google for Baby Shoos and 2 of the links they gave for Baby Shoos homepage did the same thing - the page could not be displayed. I finally found a link that let me get to their website. I was just wondering if it was me, my computer, or their website.

Thanks again!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

mamahill
04-16-2003, 12:15 PM
I just measured Ainsleigh's sheep shoos, and the sole seemed to measure about 4 1/4" from the OUTSIDE. So I'd get the 6-12 month size, if I were you. Who knows how quickly his feet will grow.

I'm not sure about the leather in the heat, though. I did buy the giraffes for someone and they love them! If you get them in the bigger size, you'll get more use out of them, and perhaps have cooler days? HTH!

kathsmom
04-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Sarah,

Thank you so much for measuring those for me! I had looked at the website to see if I could find out if those measurements were for the shoe or for the babies' feet. It is probably on the site and I just missed it.

I will probably go ahead and get the 6-12 month size in the navy giraffes.

Thank you so much!

Toni

mamahill
04-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Glad to help - hope you enjoy! Ainsleigh loves pointing to and "petting" her sheep. And we get so many compliments. He'll look great in his giraffes!

sc
04-27-2003, 12:41 AM
Hi,

I am about to order a beige sheep & a White Sling Back with White Mock Laces sandal for dd(4/21/02, not walking yet), her foot is 4.55". Should I order M(4.75) or L(5.25)? Is the beige sheep dark beige or light beige? (I am looking for shoes that match any color outfit :-))

Thanks.

Susan

Rachels
04-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Get the Med! I ordered a Large for a friend, and they're huge.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamahill
04-27-2003, 03:03 PM
I agree with Rachel - get the Mediums. And I would say they're a light tan. When I think of Beige, I think of off-white. They're more than that. More like a cream. They are pretty close to the pic on the web site, maybe just a shade darker. But they definitely go with just about any outfit (we trade between the sheep and her Pink Kitty Robeez). They are great shoes, and Ainsleigh LOVES seeing her sheep on her feet.