PDA

View Full Version : I've Possibly Selected the Wrong Style of Summer PJs!

twins r fun
04-17-2003, 01:24 PM
It's been nice around here so the last 2 nights, I've put the boys to bed in their new summer pajamas. After much debate at Carters, I selected the 2 piece t shirt and pants sets-very cute! I decided against the ones that snap at the waist because I really don't like that shirt tucked in, pants pulled up high look. When I bought the jammies I was a little worried about the shirts always creeping up and exposing their bellies but went with them anyway. Well this morning I found out the true problem with these pajamas. The boys had been chattering happily in their cribs and when I finally go in to get them, I see Caleb's bare legs. Okay, he's taken his pants off. Then he stands up and I see a naked little butt! He then points to his diaper on the floor and says "uh-oh"! Luckily there was no pee in the bed, but if this continues I may have to reevaluate my choice of pajamas. He's not even the one who is fascinated with taking his diaper off-just wait till Jacob figures this out!

Nicole

parkersmama
04-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Oh, no! That's really funny (although I know annoying to you!)!

My favorite pjs are the ones from Gymboree and Baby Gap. I buy the one piece ones that either snap or zip up the front until the child begins potty training. At that point I switch to the 2 piece kind (no snaps at the waist, though). I really love the one-pieces from those stores...they are all cotton and very soft plus the cute prints really do it for me since boys don't get to wear much that's truly "cute". :-) Here's a link for what I'm talking about from Gymboree: http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=1302345&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1395531&bmUID=1050604170318&productSizeSelected=0

HTH!

mamahill
04-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh my gosh - that's hilarious! Ainsleigh has become more fascinated with the idea of removing her diaper lately, but I've become quick with her onesies. I didn't even think about the pjs when I was at the Carter's outlet. I got one set of the snap ones bc I had those when I was little and thought they were funny. Now maybe they were a smart choice? I also got the 3-piece pj sets (shirt, shorts and pants) and a light sleeper. I must applaud Caleb, though. The idea is so cute. Maybe he and Jacob will start switching diapers... lol.

Kimberly H
04-17-2003, 07:04 PM
The problem with the snap/tuck-in kind is the shirt gets inside the diaper and acts like a wick. My boys often woke up with wet backs...ewwwww.

nigele
04-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Hee, hee - that is too funny! What a smart little guy. :-)