PDA

View Full Version : going home outfit question--November baby

nicknack
04-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone!
I am due in early November and live in the Boston area, so chances are, it could be fairly chilly when I will be taking my baby home.
What would you suggest I get to bring him/her home in? A bunting/snowsuit type thing would be too much and hard to deal with in the carseat, wouldn't it? Should I just do lots of layers and then blankets in the car? Or a one-piece thick sort of thing over a onsie? I know this is early, but there is still some winter stuff on sale, so if I can get a bargain, I would love to!
Thanks!
Nicole

Rachels
04-29-2003, 04:40 PM
Baby Gap sells some nice thick button-up suits, and something like that might work here. Or just a warm snapsuit with a hat and blankets. You should avoid onesies at first because they can irritate the cord.

Where in Boston are you? There are several of us here.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

colleenfs
04-30-2003, 07:23 AM
I live near Boston as well. Where are you delivering?

Don't even try to get a snowsuit on your baby, perhaps not even through the first winter. If you can find a lightweight bunting like the Lands End ones http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/0,,2_17273_17279_17707_80217_58664_,00.html?sid=05 10000941457105020&mode=GRAPHIC&refer=/cd/frontdoor/&fromsearch=1, that will probably be your best bet. Also, you might like to look at the Bundle Me to go on the infant carseat. http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/car_seats/carseat_toys/4227

I would dress the baby in a side snap undershirt until the cord comes off. Then you can use over the head onesies. Then get the smallest (baby will be likely be swimming in even a 0-3 month size) long sleeved footed stretchy or pajamas you have and dress baby in that. If it has a zipper instead of snaps, it'll be even easier til you get the hang of dressing a squirming newborn. You can then put baby in the bunting. Should be just fine to get home. Congratulations!

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

nicknack
04-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check those out! I am currently living in Roslindale, but we're hoping to move to Andover sometime this year (hopefully before the baby is born). I'm delivering at St. Elizabeth's in Brighton...where are you guys?!

Rachels
04-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Quincy! Not far at all.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Rachels
04-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Check the lounge, you guys! I put a Boston roll-call post there.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

kaitlinsmommy
05-02-2003, 11:33 PM
My daughter was born last November and it was fairly cold when we brought her home. We dressed her in a sleeper with a t-shirt underneath & just used a couple blankets. I had ordered the Land's End bunting (size 0-3 months) but it was still way too big for her when she was 2 months old so I returned it. It is just hard to get a newborn baby in a bunting or snowsuit. But you can return items to Land's End at anytime (even a year later) so that is an option if you decide to get one.

bnme
05-03-2003, 07:49 AM
I bought my January baby home in the snow. He was wearing a long sleeve tee covered by a fleece button up (sweater style) and cotton pants and booties. I had a Bundle me in the car seat and also an extra blanket. I think the Bundle Me (or similar product) is a MUST for winter babies!

Denyse
05-04-2003, 12:26 PM
I had Brett in onesies from day one with no problems. Our doc said it was fine but it's a personal preference thing...Anyhow, if you are comfy w/ it, I'd put your litle one in a onesie and a warm outfit. Don't forget a hat and a couple of warm blankies. We brought Brett home in a onesie, socks, fleece pants, fleece shirt and a hat. Since it was pretty cold, in his carseat, I covered him with a light blanket and a thicker blanket and then hung a fleece blanket over the canopy to block the cold air.

nicknack
05-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Thanks so much for all of these suggestions! I really appreciate it!
nicole