PDA

View Full Version : Martha Stewart's receiving blankets

Cara
04-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Have you used those? A package of two cost 5.99 at KMart. They look very thin and I don't know how they hold the wash. They are nothing like 2 ply carter's receiving blankets. My babies will be born in June/July, so I'm thinking that the thin receiving blankets may be a good option, if the quality is acceptable.

simplemama
04-30-2003, 01:24 PM
i got a 4-pack of MS baby baby receiving blanket as a gift. they ARE thinner than some, but were good enough for me when i received them, as i lived in hawaii at that time.

it doesn't hurt to have some of those thinner rec. blankets, since they can be used in lots of different ways later. because they are thinner, they pack well in my bag, and although my DS (15 mo.)doesn't need a receiving blanket any more, i always carry one in my bag. i've used it on a diaper changing table while out, etc.

more than the thickness, what's important is the size of the blanket, in my opinion. there are really cheap ones out there, but they are thin AND small, which translates to pretty-much-worthless as receiving blankets.

jojo2324
04-30-2003, 11:21 PM
I got some cute flannel ones, and I was happy with them. I thought they were comparable to Carter's.