PDA

View Full Version : sheet savers

jd11365
04-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Do you put these under her head or bottom? I can see needing it for "the great flood" and spit ups... Of course I don't really know, because I'm still waiting for baby...

I bought the Ultimate Crib Sheet too, but I don't really like how it covers her entire sheet with plain white...wouldn't be so bad if they came in colors.

Thanks!
Jamie
EDD---not soon enough! ;-)
(5/12/03)

bnme
05-01-2003, 08:13 AM
I only use under head cuz DS rarely leaks from the bottom. He did the first month or so though, but I didn't have any sheet savers yet! When he first came I used lap pad type thingees uner him, which covered both areas. I had several.

SInce DS is mainly a spitter-upper I now use the USC with a sheet saver under head.

khakismom
05-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Initially, I started these out at her head for spit up. But at a later point with DD, I had the entire crib covered in these. I had three tied down, because she was moving all over the crib when she slept but still spitting up like a champ, so I didn't know where it would hit. HTH! Good luck :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

justlearning
05-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Is there a safety problem to put waterproof lap pads (or bigger size) under a baby if it's not under a sheet or tied down to the crib in some way? I have a waterproof mattress pad under my sheet but also want to save the sheet from spit-ups or diaper leaks without doing the overall ultimate crib sheet saver. My safety concern is that with the SIDS scare, I thought you shouldn't have anything loose in the crib, so I thought this might include anything on top of the sheet that's not tied down.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

bnme
05-01-2003, 08:27 PM
I have not found it to be a safety concern....though it is JMO, not an expert one. Especially for a newborn, there is no way they could lift it up. Now I even use a crib size one I have when my USC is in the wash. If he were extremely mobile, I might change my mind---but at that point isn't loose bedding not a concern anymore???
Interested to hear others thoughts.

khakismom
05-02-2003, 10:17 AM
I used the waterproof lap/crib pads too, but once DD got mobile in the crib, I stopped using them, unless she was really sick or very spitty. Then, I would put it under the 3 sheet savers I had lined the crib with. That way, every inch of that sheet was protected. Crazy, I know! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03