PDA

View Full Version : Summer Clothes Realizations

twins r fun
05-01-2003, 02:03 PM
As we've stated in other threads, dressing children is an ever evolving learning experience. We've been wearing shorts for less than a week around here and so far I have learned two things. One, I need twice as many outfits as I thought since one trip outside leaves the boys covered in dirt. If we plan to go anywhere other than our yard in the afternoon, they will need to change clothes! And two, my entire wardrobe (meager as it is) needs to be traded in for all black and brown articles of clothing. Between the handprints on my shirts and the footprints on my shorts(from their shoes hitting when I carry them), I look as bad as they do. Now I'm not that vain-I know kids and mommies get dirty and my boys go around with food stains, etc on them after meals, but this is completely different! It is certainly an amazing talent toddlers have for finding and getting covered in dirt!

egoldber
05-01-2003, 02:45 PM
LOL!! I came to a similar realization a couple weeks ago! I was so used to Sarah not being dirty, that the idea of her playing outside and getting DIRTY never occured to me! When I was buying ahead for this summer, I got too many "dressy" play clothes as opposed to REAL play clothes! I got a few more outfits at Target that are now designated "play clothes".

nigele
05-01-2003, 04:05 PM
You are so right, Nicole! I change Thomas at least two or three times and day just from the mess he makes eating. I need to buy tons of summer clothes for him - look out Baby Gap clearance racks -- here I come!

brubeck
05-01-2003, 04:52 PM
I have the same problem because I am taking Amy to a Parent/Child preschool. They always have paint and Playdough and Amy loves both, getting them ALL over her. The little smocks they provide are not enough. There is usually also a project with glue and/or glitter. After all of this she goes outside in the sandbox and gets sand all over the wet spots. :-)

I solved this by selecting 4 worn outfits for her to wear. Since the preschool is twice a week she rotaes each outfit every 2 weeks.

The rest of her clothes I have just given up on and realize that they will be stained on the knees forevermore from climbing around the playground.

daisymommy
05-02-2003, 10:03 AM
You may want to try sending her to preschool with one of Daddy's long sleeved button up shirts for her smock. That's what I used in my classroom. We would put them on the kids backwards, and do a couple buttons in the back. It protected alot more than the little plastic paint smocks or short sleeved tee-shirts (so parent's were happy). I had Dad's dropping off all their outdated work shirts to me!

brubeck
05-02-2003, 04:34 PM
I was actually debating doing that although at this point the 4 outfits are so stained I really don't care. :-) I do recall having one of my Dad's old shirts that I wore for that kind of thing in kindergarten.

LisaS
05-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Eating was getting too messy for me so I just stripped DD down to a diaper or a diaper and onesie for meals. As long as we're at home, where its warm inside, it doesn't really matter if she's naked and then the mess is much easier to wipe off her - And then I don't have to waste another outfit for the same day,