PDA

View Full Version : Organizing my baby's clothes

vluckey
05-05-2003, 01:30 PM
My baby is due in 2 weeks (or less, we pray):) and we have been very, very blessed with tons of clothes! (Thank God for friends, first time Gramma's and Once upon a Child). We've got all kinds of sizes thru 12 months. I really want to use them all and I'm afraid I will not get to simply because I don't think I've organized them well. Any suggestions? I have a 5 drawer chest for most of his clothes.

Thanks!
Vanessa
Lil' Eddie's Mom

deenass
05-05-2003, 01:41 PM
I got TONS of handmedowns and new baby stuff (also a first grandchild) and I divided everything up by sizes (0-3, 3-6, 6-12) then put it in the dresser drawers accordingly (had a 0-3 drawere, a 3-6 drawer, etc). I tried to put the smaller stuff on top to use first (you'll quickly be working through all of it!)

My son is now 7 weeks old. As he outgrows something (hard to believe, but true!) I have a bag hanging in the closet that we put the item in. I've just started going into his 3-6 month stuff, again with the smaller stuff on top ....

The clothes (washing them, smelling them, imagining him in them) is what got me through the last few weeks of my miserable pregnancy ... so have some fun and good luck!

AngelaS
05-05-2003, 02:10 PM
I would organize them based on the true size of the item, not what the tag says. My girls have big closets, so most of their things get hung up. I put everything on hangers and then lined them up in the closest from smallest to biggest w/out looking at the tags.

Especially once something's been washed and dried, it may shrink and be considerably smaller than what the tag says. :D

HTH!

Angela

Jen841
05-05-2003, 03:05 PM
If you have hanging space, Babies R Us and Target both have dividers (Newborn, 3-6 Mos.,...) that you can use to note the size of the items, like in a store. A very organized friend gave me a set for my shower.

redhairedgirl
05-06-2003, 05:43 PM
I have a question about organization..... what did you do with the itty bitty socks??? LOL I'm looking at these little socks wondering how in the world will I give them their own "space" in the drawer without them getting lost. Did anyone use a drawer organizer???

AngelaS
05-07-2003, 06:12 AM
You can use one of those cute 3 or 4 inch tall plastic baskets or a small wicker basket in the drawer. My dd's dresser had tiny drawers across the top,so socks go in one of those. :)

newbelly2002
05-07-2003, 08:57 AM
I definately second the wicker/plastic baskets. They also work well for the multitude of hats you will need as well. You can also buy one of those small mesh laundry bags (the kind for washing nylons or bras in) and put teh socks in those before you put them in the laundry machine. Otherwise they DO get lost in the jumble of regular laundry. I would hang the bag on the outside of the hamper or off the changing table so that it was always accessible when I was changing the babe.

Paula, Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b339c8d20516

suzette
05-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I used the closet dividers by size. Unfortunately baby clothes are like women's clothes, not men's...meaning each brand is sized very differently (I didn't know this at the time). So don't go by the stated size alone or you will find your baby has outgrown outfits he/she has never worn!

For the clothes Lucy has outgrown I bought the Space Savers bags and I vacuum seal them up by size.

Good luck!