PDA

View Full Version : Land's End and shrinkage?

nigele
05-08-2003, 03:41 PM
I bought some summer clothes from Land's End and wondered if they shrink. Tom is a small ten-month old and the 12 mo. size was huge so I bought the 6 mo. sizes - now I wonder if this was a mistake because they may shrink when washed. I'd love to hear your experiences.

brubeck
05-08-2003, 04:29 PM
I've bought a ferw things from Land's End (cotton dresses and cordouroy overalls mostly) and nothing seems to have shrunk. In fact they have all held up very well.

I do agree that the sizing tends to be big but that's a refreshing change after all of those Carter's clothes I bought that size small! :-)

nigele
05-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Are the Land's End clothes at Sears the same quality as in the Land's End's own catalog??

egoldber
05-08-2003, 05:04 PM
They are the same as the catalog. I will say that even though the LE sizing tends to be generous, I have found the sizing to be a trifle inconsistent. I bought Sarah several things for this summer from the Overstocks page this winter. I got everything in size 2T. While most are just about perfect (they fit, but are still roomy so she has growing room), some items are nearly too small amd some are HUGE and she won't wear them until next year.

I also had two pairs of leggings in the 18 month size for her to wear this past winter. One she is still wearing and fits great, another pair she outgrew several months ago and was noticeably shorter than the other.

I am just a trifle miffed about this, but the clothes are all beautiful and have held up well. I guess I expect more from Lands End than I do from Carters. But I may bite the bullet and get Hanna stuff instead next time.

HTH,

nigele
05-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Thanks. I was all set to place a $200 Hanna order and then I started feeding Thomas fruits and veggies. I may order a couple of special outfits but for everyday, I don't want to spend the money for something that will end up stained!

brubeck
05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
I completely agree! I surf the KRU and Target clearance racks for stuff to stain (ie: for Amy to wear to preschool and paint in). It doesn't last super long, but then these things have been washed tons.

BTW, I"ve been known to feed my children shirtless to prevent staining. ;-)