PDA

View Full Version : What do toddlers wear to bed?!

Lisa_Seattle_2002
05-08-2003, 05:55 PM
I have been dressing DD in Carter's PJs (the all cotton stretchies with long-sleeves and feet) and a Halo sleepsack. IMO - a perfect solution: safe, warm, cozy. She is now almost 10 months and while she can wear her Carter's size 6-9 mos. for a while yet I wanted to be prepared with the next size. Imagine my surprise when I realized there is no next size! They only go up to 6-9 mos. Bummer! I can't dress her in that awful poly flame-retardant material - she gets a rash. Where can I get reasonable 100% cotton PJs for 12-24 months?! Preferably one-piece, long-sleeved with feet?!

Thanks for any ideas!

Lisa, mom to Zoe

brubeck
05-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Carter's makes the blanket sleepers with feet up to sizes 4T. You can buy them at Carter's Outlet, KRU or Mervyn's. After 24 months they also make them without the feet.

If it's hot at night where you live this will be too much, but in the winter they're great! I use them on both my kids.

Momof3Labs
05-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Try Baby Gap and Children's Place for both fleece and cotton footed sleepers. Oshkosh also makes footed sleepers in bigger sizes, and their outlet stores usually carry them.

I have a 7 month old who is already in 12 month size sleepers and I was also disappointed in the bigger size sleepers - don't manufacturers realize when babies often grow into these sizes??

Melanie
05-09-2003, 02:25 AM
My son wears Hanna Andersson (one piece, no feet, reasonable off of eBay or something of the like).

I've also found several one piece (no feet) agabang outfits at Costco.

If it's cold he wears his Hanna Andersson mocassins b/c they really stay on, but his feet are never sweaty in them.

egoldber
05-09-2003, 03:19 PM
In addition to what other have mentioned, there is a bran dcalled BabyTales that I have seen at BuyBuyBaby and also at Baby Depot. Thet have nice high quality cotton sleeprs with feet up to 24 month size.

But I personally find that my DD doesn't need feet in her sleepers. Now that it is warmed, she has been doing a lot of sleeping in just a T-shirt and diaper.

HTH,

tzuchang
05-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Try the cotton overall sleepers (3 for $25) They are great! Plus the zipper in the front becomes handy when you have to change diaper at 3:00 a.m.

tzuchang
05-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that you can find the cotton overall sleepers at Children's place