PDA

View Full Version : children's place overalls?

myllam
05-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I had purchased 2 pairs of the cutest overalls from Children's place last december, and my DS is finally now able to fit into them. The problem i've noticed is that the snaps in the legs keep comming undone. Not just one or 2, but the whole leg so it looks like he is wearing a skirt and not overalls! Its a major pain having to resnap them on a wiggling 21 month old! Anyone else have this problem with children's place overalls? or in general? Is there anything that can help with this problem? Unfortunately, I can't return them because he has worn them, and also children's place policy is 90 days.

Thanks.

Monica

brubeck
05-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I've had this problem occasionally with a bunch of manufacturers including Sprockets (Mervyn's brand) and Walmart brands, as well as TCP. It usually is limited to one style of clothing and other styles I get with the same brand are fine.

I don't know of anything to help with the problem short of sewing in your own snaps or sewing the legs together. Sorry.

atlbaby
05-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but if you are in the market for new overalls I really like Old Navy's overalls. I've gotten them a few times now (for a few sizes), and the snaps stay closed and they wash well/last for as long as they fit.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

hellollama
05-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Actually, I had the exact same problem as the OP with several pairs of Old Navy overalls.

Lizzy

myllam
05-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses. It sounds like it is a little hit or miss as to which brands will stay snapped. My DS has pairs of old navy and gymboree overalls that do not have this problem at all. Thanks for the suggestion re: sewing the legs together. I never even thought of that. I'll give that a try. Just a little more inconvenient changing diapers, but at least he'll be able to wear them!

Monica