PDA

View Full Version : New children's clothes store! If you like lots of color, beware!

votre_ami03
05-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Sarah, The clothes are very cute, but that baby of yours is a DOLL!

We are expecting a boy, c'est la vie. ;)

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

Sandy
05-16-2003, 02:25 AM
Sarah,
Thank God I have a boy. Otherwise I see that I could be developing another serious addiction and I have more than enough as it is. The clothes are so cute. Ainsleigh is adorable in her outfits.

Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

ddmarsh
05-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Hi - I love your picture and yours as well Sarah - they are so cute! AngelaS which color/style are your girls wearing - when I looked at the site at Sarah's prompting :) that was the outfit I really liked and would like to get for Lily for the fall. I think their clothes are adorable and really reasonable.

Thanks for the new tip :).

mamahill
05-16-2003, 09:37 AM
No I'm not on the loop - what loop?! The picture is gorgeous - when I went back yesterday I bought another kerchief with that dragonfly print. It's all I could do to only by one more shirt and pair of bloomers. My mom has announced that she will buy her a white eyelet dress as soon as Ainsleigh is walking. Better get coaching! Are you located in the Bay Area? How did you find out about Naartjie?

Oh, and I didn't even think about NOT telling friends so she doesn't match others... hmmm... I think I'll have to put that into practice! LOL

egoldber
05-16-2003, 04:29 PM
LOL!! Sarah, I have a friend that I shop with all the time. We have developed a "system"! If we both like the same "line" of clothes (like at Gymboree) we have to buy different pieces (usually not a problem) and whoever saw a piece "first" gets it! If we aren't together we actually CALL each other to find out if the other one has gotten any pieces from that line and what colors! Sometimes there is something we both "have to have"! Then the person who didn't see it "first" has to PROMISE never to wear the outfit where we will be seen "together".! (We're really not girl clothes Nazis, it's all in fun, I swear!!)

And I must say I am envious now NOT to live in the Bay Area. Oh well, it's just as well, because if we did, I couldn't afford to shop there anyway!!

mamahill
05-16-2003, 04:40 PM
heehee - I like your system! Luckily most of my friends around here have boys.

Oh, and the clothes I've bought so far have been pretty reasonable priced - 2 pieces for $16, and 2 for $18. Plus, I hope someday Miss A has a sister, so I consider it an investment;). And I've seen stuff on eBay, so maybe I can recoup some of the money if need be:).

ddmarsh
05-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Ok Sarah I *have* to have one of these outfits (you know, Lily is just insistent) and I am wondering if I could only puchase one for right now which it should be - I am leaning toward the dragonfly dress. Do the kerchiefs come in baby sizes and which fabrics do they come in?

AngelaS
05-16-2003, 07:10 PM
The smocked dragonfly dress that my dd is wearing is a 6/12 month size--she's one and it's generous. She also has on 6/12 mo capris and they fit like leggings---they're generous! LOL

My girls are in ocean. In a few days the new line should be up on the site. I guess it's in the stores and is TDF. :)

Sarah, I'm on the yahoo naartjie loop. I found out about the store from a Gymboree loop I'm on. :) I live in IOWA so I've never been to the store. But when I saw the pics of Ainsleigh and Gannon together, I wondered if she was in Naartjie! :D

Oh and shipping on any size order is $5!! :D

ddmarsh
05-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Ok Angela I have to ask, LOL - how does one get on both of these loops? :)

ddmarsh
05-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Oh and when you say your DD is one, how much does she weigh? Lily is 3.5 months and weighs about 13lbs. - would the 3/6 fit her now or should I plan on getting something more in line for fall here?

mamahill
05-16-2003, 07:26 PM
LOL! Lily has such good fashion sense! The dragonfly dress is adorable. They have matching kerchiefs for that print. They also have a striped one that matches some striped pants, and they have solid purple (like Ainsleigh's), dark and light pink, light green with flowers, hmmm... there are others. Perhaps I'll have to go back (aw shucks) and take inventory. I wonder if they'd let me bring my camera? haha

Oh, and I was about to type this out, but found it on their site - they have a sizing chart that seems pretty accurate. Ainsleigh is 18 lbs, and about almost 29" so the 6-12 month size works well for her. Anyway, here's a link to the sizes...

http://naartjie.homestead.com/sizechart.html

Oh, and I've only seen the kerchiefs in a 0/S size. They fit Ainsleigh perfect, with lots of room to grow. But Ainsleigh does have a small head, so I'm sure they would look superb on Lily! (and I have to admit that when I saw the pink dragonfly print, I immediately thought of Lily's room - hers is the adorable pink one, right? hope I'm not confusing it with someone else's!). HTH!

ddmarsh
05-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks Sarah! And yes, that was Lily's room, you're right - the colors of the pink dragonfly outfit are so her ;).

I noticed they have pictures up with kids in their outfits, you and Anglea should send yours in - they are such cute pics! I sent one of Lily in her Jordan Marie outfit to their site and it's up - www.jordanmarie.com and click on Photo Album on the left.

mamahill
05-16-2003, 08:02 PM
OH MY GOSH! Adorable! I am soooo bookmarking that site just because of Lily's outfit. I've thought about sending in a pic to Naartjie, and perhaps I just will!

ddmarsh
05-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Oh thanks - I just loved that outfit on her. My sister has it for her DD as well (7weeks younger than Lily) and we recently had their pics taken in them but I couldn't send those in due to the copyright, but they were so cute!

Oh do send yours in - she looks just precious!

I can't wait to see Lily in the dragonfly dress and matching kerchief :). Ansleigh really is small, I can't believe she only weighs 17, Lily already is around 13!

AngelaS
05-17-2003, 06:32 AM
I think all you have to do is go to yahoogroups.com sign up and then find the loop you want to be a part of (there are two naartjie loops, I'm on the plain naartjie one) and apply for membership. :) If you need a referral, lmk. :)

The store employees are on our loop and they let us know when new shipments are coming in and when stuff goes on sale. :D

AngelaS
05-17-2003, 06:32 AM
Gabrielle is 1, just under 19lbs and 27 inches tall. :D Does that help?

Caitlins Mommy
05-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Angela and Sara your dds are just beautiful!Sara thanks for posting the addy to these beautiful clothes.Of course dd just had to have some new clothes,so I bought her three outfits.I was surprised that they were resonably priced.

Thanks again for the info!

Mommy to Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
Trying to give Caitlin a brother or sister

mamahill
05-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the compliments. I think she's pretty cute, but then what do I know - I birthed her! :)

That's wonderful - be sure to post pics of her when you get them. I think you'll really like the quality and feel. And the colors are gorgeous!

And Debbie - she's 18 pounds! LOL, every pound counts when your the mom of a peanut! Ainsleigh hit the 13-pound mark when she was 4.5 months!

ddmarsh
05-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all of the help with sizes. I guess you could say I have a "thing" (DH would say problem, but after all he doesn't know what he's talking about!) about children's clothes ---- I woke up this morning picturing Lily in her dragonfly dress, LOL!

Melanie
05-20-2003, 01:19 AM
Those are so cute! Luckily for the checkbook I'm not hot on their boys' line.

myllam
05-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I went to the Pleasanton Store in CA yesterday and I couldn't believe how colorful and cute everything in the store was. And the staff were so friendly. I'm lucky I have a boy, or I would have gone nuts at the store. The boys clothes were cute too, but definitely a smaller section of the store!

Monica

blnony
05-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Oh Sarah- you are going to get me in trouble.
This stuff is adorable. I think I might just have to do a little online shopping this holiday weekend!

mamahill
08-25-2003, 11:03 PM
I am in love with this new clothes store. It is originally from South Africa and the founder moved here to the SF Bay Area recently and has opened 2 stores here and one in Sacramento, with hopes of branching out nationwide. They just opened the store near me a couple weeks ago and I've been twice already. The clothes are WONDERFUL. Such vivid colors, and soft knit. Everything feels like it would be soooooo comfortable. I'm currently trying to convince my sister to get a summer job there (or Gymboree or Janie & Jack!) so I can take advantage of a discount... heehee.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the store with all of you, in case you were interested. They have a lot of customers across the country that they ship to via UPS. Sheesh, you'd think I get a kickback or something! But I just love their stuff. The only down side is that they definitely have more girls stuff than boys, but isn't that often the case? Sorry, moms of boys!

The clothes seem to run a little big - Ainsleigh is in a 6-12 months right now, though she is small for her age, anyway. Oooh, you know you're in trouble when you walk in a store and the ladies say, "You're back!" Hmm... that's what happens when you bring new clothes home and DH says, "These are cute - you should go get more kerchiefs for her." Like I'm *just* going to buy kerchiefs?! HA!

So here it is: www.naartjie.com and I'll attach a couple pics of Miss A in her Naartjie stuff.

Oh, and if you're interested in talking to someone at the store, call 925-463-7920. The ladies are very nice.

Ok, that's all for now. Time to go look at Ainsleigh's new bloomers... (you can't see in the pic, but there's a small ruffle across the bum that matches the ruffles around the legs).

AngelaS
08-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Sarah, are you on the yahoo Naartjie loop?

Anyway, I have some naartjie stuff too and I really like it. I love the mix and match potentinal. But I'm not telling all my Gymbo loving friend where I got it, I'm tired of my kids always matching theirs. ROTFL!

I'll share a pic of my girls in their naartjie too...