PDA

View Full Version : Jeans that fit over cloth diapers?

egoldber
05-16-2003, 04:37 PM
I am having a terrible time trying to find jeans for Sarah that fit over cloth diapers. So far I have tried Old Navy, BabyGap, Target and WalMart. I am thinking of trying OshKosh, but I have not had the greatest success with their overalls and cloth diapers. Any other thoughts?

I would really like to get her some jeans for play clothes.

Thanks!

mamahill
05-16-2003, 04:42 PM
I went to a consignment store and bought several pairs of jeans (Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree) that were a little stretchy. Have you tried that kind? I have noticed she fits into bigger sizes on her lower half now. Up until discovering the stretch jeans (carpenter style, boot cut, etc.), I felt bad putting her in jeans because they seemed so tight around her waist.

Good luck!

nohomama
05-16-2003, 07:36 PM
I've had good luck with Carter's jeans. Our experience is that they run large and ride low (Lola could give many plumbers a run for there money) when she isn't wearing a cloth dipe. Like the other Sarah suggested, you might try going up a size. You may have to roll up the legs or hem them but the reality for us has been that Lola needs the extra room through the seat that a size up provides.

Also, I haven't checked the overstocks page at LE lately but for awhile they had toddler jeans on sale for $11. Mabye worth a try.

Good luck.

egoldber
05-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks Sarah and Sarah. :) I have been going up a size. Or two. Or three. The problem is that when I do that, the length gets to be really awkward. It hasn't been a problem with leggings or stretchy pants, but jeans seem to be terribly awkward.

Nohomama, where did you find Carters jeans?

Mamahill, I haven't tried my local consignment store lately, maybe I need to go again.

Thanks again,

KathyO
05-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Another vote for consignment stores. You get pretty good at eyeballing whether a pair of jeans is roomy enough in the butt to work for you. I'd tell you what brands I've had luck with, but I think that most have moved on to other styles! (Another reason to go with consignment - you get access to a wider variety of cuts and styles.)

Good luck!! Just for the record, what size does Sarah wear these days? I can keep an eye out that way...

KathyO

Karenn
05-16-2003, 10:19 PM
I found a pair of jeans at The Children's Company today (I'm not sure if that's a national store or not.) that fit over a prefold. It wasn't their regular jeans though. These were on clearance for $7.99 so I couldn't pass them up!

egoldber
05-17-2003, 06:24 AM
In pants, without a cloth diaper, she usually wears a 24 month size (vs a 2T which is often too long). In some cases, she is able to wear a 2T and just scrunch up the extra length around her ankles. In some pants at Target, I have had good luck buying capri styles in size 4T and using them as full length pants!

sugarsnappea
05-18-2003, 08:52 AM
I have good luck with Babygap toddler boy's jeans for my daughter. They seem to be cut a little wider in the diaper area. The carpenter style has worked best for us. However, one caveat, more of the boy's style jeans have up the leg snaps.

hope this helps! :)

nohomama
05-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Beth,

I've gotten Carter's jeans at the Carter's Outlet Store in Brattleboro, VT as well as my local consignment store. If I have the time before we leave for D.C. on Wednesday, I'll try and get to the outlet to pick up a pair for Sarah (no promises though).

egoldber
05-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Oh please don't go to a lot of trouble! There are 2-3 Carters outlets around here. I just don't remember seeing jeans there before, but then again, I wasn't looking!

Thanks!