PDA

View Full Version : When do they outgrow their shoes?

cara1
05-17-2003, 02:32 PM
We bought DS his first pair of shoes two months ago. I think that he still has plenty of space beyond his big toe. But it didn't even occur to me to check until today. I heard they outgrow their shoes every 3 mos or so. How can you tell? Do they're feet just not fit inside? I'd like to catch it before I pinch off his little toes. Do I just keep checking once in a while?

momathome
05-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Ugh!!! I do not like trying to figure this out my self. Generally speaking, babies between the ages of 12-24 months can outgrow their shoes as often as every 2-4 months - you can keep checking how much room he has yourself, or go to a store like Stride Rite where they do offer free shoe checks to see if he has gone up size. This constant growth does slow down a bit once your baby hits about 2 years-old - at this point shoes may last as long as 6 months. Of course, this all varies kid to kid - when Kasey was about 15 months-old, she jumped a size and a half in less than three months - we were going through shoes like crazy! Now that she is 2, her shoe size really has been about the same for the last 6 months and I find that to be true with other parents of 2 year-olds. Good luck!
-Lauren