PDA

View Full Version : Arrgh. Shoe rant! (And need ideas!)

Rachels
05-21-2003, 09:39 AM
WHY do Robeez or Bobux not come in 4.75" sizes? Abigail can barely squeeze into the 4.5"s, but the 5"s are enormous. Babyshoos are a bit smaller, but they're wide around her ankle and she pulls them off. The only shoes I can find that fit have rigid soles. I let her go barefoot at home, but what about when we're out or when it's chilly? She isn't walking yet, but is standing and cruising. How have those of you with toddlers dealt with being in between sizes?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
05-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Well, I guess I just let Sarah wear big floppy Robeez for a long time!! :) And until Sarah was really walking, I virtually never let her "walk" when we were out. The shoes were just for show and warmth. At playgroup and places like that I just took her shoes off to let her get better traction when crawling and playing.

HTH,

nofeea
05-21-2003, 05:09 PM
This a Canadian site but I noticed they have the size you're looking for (4 3/4" ). They seem to only list the Canadian prices for shoes but other items are listed in both Ca. and U.S. so you might want to give them a try (I was just browsing...). Good luck! Let us know how they are if you get them!!

http://www.kidalog.com/shopfactory/enter.html

Caitlins Mommy
05-22-2003, 09:01 AM
I know exactly what your going through.Usually I always would let Caitlin go bare foot most of the time if I knew she wouldn't be walking around outside,and the weather was warm.

One day after going to every shoe store known to man,I went into the very last shoe store wich was Stride Rite.Low and behold they had something to fit her,and in different styles and colors too!And the sales staff were so helpful and good with Caitlin.I'm not sure how their shoe sizes run now,since its been a couple of years that I've been to one.If you do check out Stirde Rite,I would see if there was an outlet near you.The outlet is so much cheaper and have great sales!

Good luck with the shoe hunting!

Jennifer mommy to Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
Trying to give Caitlin a brother or sister

Caitlins Mommy
05-22-2003, 09:10 AM
I just browsed to see if they have a website ,and they do.Its www.striderite.com.I did look at one pair of shoes,and they did say the size ran fom 4 to 6.5,for that type of shoe.So I'm not sure if they have the size your looking for.Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

Jennifer mommy to Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
trying to give Caitlin a brother or sister

Melanie
05-25-2003, 01:25 PM
I just have to add to this! Jonah's 12-18 Robeez are too small...his toes are at the end. His 18-24 Robeez are like clown shoes with a lot of space beyond the toe! I guess they know we don't want to be buying shoes every month, but I worry about him tripping on these.