PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Onesie brand??

Grace_underfire
05-22-2003, 04:29 PM
I am looking at purchasing a few packs of onesies before my baby is born in October.

I like either the Carter's, the Tykes (carter's at Target) or the Target brand (Circo).

Honestly Circo seems like the softest and better finished ones (the sleeves for example are finished not just threated) but they are also a bit more heavy than the Carter's ones.

Is circo good? Too heavy?

What is your favorite brand.

Thanks!

Kate888
05-22-2003, 04:35 PM
My favorites are Old Navy and Baby Gap. They're so soft and don't shrink as much as Gymboree. You can often get good deals whey they're on sale. I got a Circo onsie for DD this summer because I like the print. The fabric is a little thicker and not as soft. But she is 15 months already, so the fabric doesn't bother her at all. For newborns, I'd get softer ones as their skin is very sensitive.

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Rachels
05-22-2003, 04:41 PM
It depends on what you're using them for. For layering, honestly, Carter's or Miniwear work just fine. But when I want them to look more like clothes, I use Circo or onesies from somewhere like Baby Gap or Children's Place.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

houseof3boys
05-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Don't have the baby yet, but have different brands of onesies that have been washed twice! The one from Lands End are the softest, Kushies (from Kidsurplus.com a few months ago), then Gap and Carters would have to be last in the quality and softness department. Don't even get me started on Gerber's brand....

Don't know how accurate only having washed them twice will be but there is certainly a difference in how they held up in a normal wash cycle. The higher end brands are sewn much nicer and there are not threads everywhere!

lisams
05-22-2003, 06:17 PM
I really like the Old Navy onesies (3 pack). They are lighter and the sleeves have a trim. They washed up softer than our Carters and are a little more stretchy so they held their shape better (especially around the neck).

We had a pack of Circo that I liked, but when we moved up in sizes they weren't as soft and stretched out a lot and stayed that way.

Land's Ends are very soft and thicker. We used these during the winter.

HTH!
Lisa

Andrea S
05-22-2003, 07:27 PM
I like the baby gap ones. Lands End I used during the winter.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

vikivoly
05-22-2003, 11:22 PM
I like all Carter's. They have the reinforced snaps, so they don't tear. I agree that Circo is soft, but they tend to get misshaped after washing. They're short and wide.

Stay away from the cheap ones - especially Gerber. Their very "jaggy".

stillplayswithbarbies
05-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Kushies are the softest and best quality, and only $1.99 at www.kidsurplus.com . I hate Gerber and Carters are just a smidgen better. They are both scratchy and just lower quality in all ways.

If I were doing it all over again, I would buy just Kushies.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

colleenfs
05-23-2003, 12:12 PM
As far as a onesie as an undershirt, I really like the BRU/KRU Miniwear brand. They are very soft and generously sized. I find Gerber onesies to be extremely rough. Julia has eczema and I have to keep her in a onesie so her skin doesn't get irritated.

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

smomom
05-23-2003, 03:13 PM
I love the softness and thickness of the Circos, but I had a lot of trouble with the neck stretching on them.

I am now using both Carter's and Tykes.

C99
05-23-2003, 10:24 PM
I like the Baby Gap ones, but they are a wee bit expensive to use everyday for layering. I also like the Carter's Tykes brand available at Target.