PDA

View Full Version : Childrens Place Sizing

bnme
05-29-2003, 07:47 AM
Kinda late for me to be asking...but I placed an order last night and I am hoping I didn't get the wrong size!

DS was almost 15lbs 4 weeks ago and 26.5 inches (at his 4 month vist, he is almost 5 months, born 1/3/03).

I ordered summer stuff in the 12 month size, which the chart says is 27-29 inches and 18-22lbs. I don't think he is 18lbs YET but the 9 month size of 25-27 inches and 15-18lbs seemed too close to where he was at a month ago!

I don't have much from Childrens Place to go by and he is in some 6-9 month stuff, but 12 MONTHS -that sounds so huge!!!

Do you think I made the right choice? I got so much stuff for $75 and free shipping, I'd hate to have to return it. Cute little fishy swimming trunks and carg shorts etc. Also great deals on sweat pants which I like for around the house -even in summer since we just got central air -Yippee!

lukkykatt
05-29-2003, 07:58 AM
I have found the Children's Place clothes to run a little small, so I think you should be safe with the 12 month size. I am sure that if they turn out to be too big though, that you could exchange them right at the store.

Enjoy your new clothes!

josephsmom
05-29-2003, 08:23 AM
I have also found that their clothes run a little small and shrink a little more than average. Buying big is a smart move at the Children's Place.

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

brubeck
05-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Also, 12 months size is really 9-12 months size if it makes you feel better.

FYI, I did my shopping spree at the Children's Place outlet near me and got a bunch of rompers for my son. He is 27 inches long (16 pounds) and I expect him to grow a lot before the end of summer. The 12 month size is a little long on him, but being shorts it's okay. He will definitely be wearing these outfits for a few months and I don't have to worry about their being too small in mid-August!

Sounds like you made the right choice!

bnme
05-30-2003, 06:21 AM
This makes me feel better. Thanks!!

I can't wait for my shipment to arrive!

I haven't been to an outlet store! I think there is one not far from me on LI, I'll have to check it out. The website is great, though!

brubeck
05-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Oh I only ever go to the outlet store (even though there is a real store near me). They have AWESOME clearance racks, and their policy is to keep cutting prices until it GOES! I went a couple of weeks ago and got some gorgeous fleece winter rompers in 18 month size for my son this winter for $2 each (including my 15% off coupon). The outlets also carry the regular clothes. You definitely want to check it out, especially if you have a coupon.

My favourite is to wait until the end of August. There are always back to school coupons in the magazines (Parents, Parenting, Child, etc.) for $10 off a $50 purchase and the summer stuff is on major clearance. Last year I went with my friend (who has twins) and we each bought 2 huge bags worth of stuff and we had to SHARE the coupon to make a $50 purchase. We were getting hats for 20 cents, rompers for 50 cents, shirts and onesies for $1, etc.

Of course I have a bit of an advantage in California in that many clothing items can be worn year round, and summer goes through the end of October. Regardless though, when prices are that cheap you can guestimate for next year's buying and not worry if they end up not fitting.

stillplayswithbarbies
05-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Use code S263 online to get 15% off through June 15. I haven't tried it myself, just read about it elsewhere.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

vikivoly
05-30-2003, 11:06 PM
I agree, they do run small and shrink more than average. I asked a sales associate if their clothes shrink, and she replied, "Off the record, yes."

APG
05-31-2003, 05:21 AM
there is an outlet at the source mall in westbury (by fortunoff)

friedmana1
06-04-2003, 05:39 AM
thanks - did not know that!!!!!

Aimee

Mother to Leah 10/26/02

bnme
06-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Thanks everyone. I had ordered my stuff on a Wednesday and had it by Friday! The 12 month stuff is a little big, but perfect. He might have fit the smaller size but would have out grown by August.

On a related note -I have to return the Christening oufit I just bought him in a 9 month size -way too small! And the Christening is 3 weeks away. So today I am off to get the 12 month. This 9 month was 17-21 lbs. So confusing!