PDA

View Full Version : Padded Gap sleepers?? first time mom doesnt know what she is doing.

Grace_underfire
06-03-2003, 10:40 AM
I bought two padded gap footed sleepers for my baby due October 1st. They are cotton but have a light padding of poliester filling in between the cotton.

Have you used these before? I am not sure if I will like the padding or not. Will that be too much? Should I stick to just cotton??
I am re-thinking every purchase I swear!!

I am kind of at a loss on what I need for a October baby and trying to find stuff on sale right now. Please give me any recommendations

Thanks!

Rachels
06-03-2003, 11:01 AM
You'll figure it out, I promise! Where do you live? That will impact what kind of clothes you need. I did get several of the padded outfits for Abigail, and she wore them when it was really cold out. She never slept in that kind of stuff, though. It's better for days when you have to go out in icky weather. For indoors or for sleeping, lighter, simpler stuff tends to be easier.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Grace_underfire
06-03-2003, 11:40 AM
I am in Texas, so not very cold :) and the baby is due October 1st.
These sleepers have a light padding. Do you think I won't need them? Maybe just keep one??

Baby clothes are so confusing to me! I don't know what size to get what stuff to get or what brand to get hehehehe, I hope as you say, I figure it all out before too long :)

Thanks so much for the help! I am an organization freak but I don't know where to start with all this baby stuff.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Those Gap sleepers are very cute. :)

I would say keep one for when baby is at home in the air conditioned house. They are just too cute to resist. I think for sleeping something that is stretchy is good once they start kicking their legs and waving their arms.

What makes these impractical in my opinion is that they will only fit right for about a day. They will be too big at first and then suddenly they will fit just right and then the next day they will suddenly be too small. Stretchy things fit longer. :)

But they are very very cute. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

millerpjm
06-13-2003, 04:28 AM
I had one padded sleeper from Baby Gap newborn size that I received as a shower gift. I confess I did not use it once. I thought it would be very handy since ds was born in Feb. but it seemed too warm to wear around the house. Yet, when I took him out of the house I had a verrry warm bunting I bundled him up in so I did not want to have too many warm layers underneath. My advice is to keep the tags on them - you can always return one/both if needed later.

I agree the clothes thing is tough! I am still trying to figure out how to dress ds appropriately every day!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (4 months old)

alleyoop
06-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Nate was born September 28th last year, and I live in Austin, so we went through the same thing! This is what we did:

-When he was really new we didn't change his cloths for the day vs the night, because we figured that it was the same to him. He mostly wore short-sleeved onesies (sp??), mitts and hat, and was always swaddled up.

--When he started to move around a bit more (around 3 weeks, I think), then we switched over to those gowns with the elastic on the bottom and a hat, no socks. He was still swaddled half the time. Those gowns are the most wonderful thing! Buy lots of them!

Around 6 weeks when I started to actually take him places in the seat he started wearing sleepers all the time. The ones with the snaps and feet. I just made sure he had a hat on when we went outside, but didn't keep it on him all the time.

-I still didn't change his cloths day for night until he started wearing big boy cloths around 5-6 months and started getting a bath every day. Mostly, he just wore those sleepers or the like. It wasn't until mid December or so that I started putting a onesie on under his sleeper (when I changed my light blanket for the comforter on my bed, I thought it was about time).

I never had any of those gap padded sleepers... but it might be fun to have one for "dressing up." They are darling!!

Also, I would add that I like Gap cloths the best. They wear much longer than others I have bought and seem softer, too. But that is just my opinion. I shop only the clearance rack and seem to outfit the little guy pretty well!

Hope this helps! You will do great, I promise!

bnme
06-13-2003, 06:18 PM
I love the padded sleepers! The seem so comfortable! The fitting thing is an issue as another poster mentioned.

I love them anyway. They aren't overlly warm so I think they are good when it is chilly or in AC. I have 2 I bought in a lrger size for DS in the fall and I can't wait till he can wear them again.