PDA

View Full Version : Swimsuits in December?

Kimberly H
06-05-2003, 05:37 AM
We're set to take a cruise in January and also in the process of adopting a baby girl from China. The earliest we could get her would be November, the latest...maybe next summer?

Naturally, I start thinking swimsuits for her and realized that I probably need to go ahead and get a few now as it might be really tough to find an infant swimsuit in December, even though I do live in Myrtle Beach, SC!

Problem is, we have NO idea what size she will be! We requested 0-12 months, are approved for up to 24 months, and of course, babies vary in size, even institutionalized ones.

Does anyone have a source where I *could* shop for a suit for her in December if need be? Robert is going to FLIP when I tell him I want to go swimsuit shopping for her now.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-05-2003, 09:28 AM
The clearance places and outlets will have swimsuits in the off season. Online, try www.kidsurplus.com . I would wait at least until the end of season sales at places like Gymboree and Gap.

You could order some from Lands End in various sizes now. I believe they accept returns any time, so you could return the ones that don't fit. Or wait until the end of the season and get them on clearance there.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

APG
06-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Most boutiques and department stores carry a cruise line---there should be bathing suits in December in the stores

AngelaS
06-06-2003, 05:01 AM
Lands End has swimsuits year 'round. You just call when you need to order and they'll let you know what they have. :)

Congratulations!