PDA

View Full Version : Another babyshoos question and a review

Rachels
06-05-2003, 04:00 PM
So, how do everyone's babyshoos fit? The ones I got for Abigail are SO cute, but I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever work for her. They're mediums, and while they're still a bit long, my main concern is how wide they are. I think if they were tighter around the ankle, she could wear them now. As it is, though, she can pull them right off. Is there hope of them fitting her around the ankle when they fit for length, or should I try to pass them along and get a different shoe?

And now a review. I bought some SoleMates shoes from www.kidalog.com. They took forever to get here (almost three weeks via surface mail) but are definitely cute. They're really easy to put on, and they stay on. I miss the designs of the Robeez and Bobux and all the rest-- these are just solid. On the other hand, these vaguely fit, which is more than I can say for any other shoe at this point.

Does anybody have Daisy Roots or Buskins or Platypaws? How is the fit for those?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Rachels
06-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Just bumping this up. I need input! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nitaghei
06-06-2003, 10:25 AM
DS has the Daisy Roots puppy - and they seem to work for him. They seem to be slightly narrower than the Shoos.

BUT - he isn't walking or even crawling, and he had HUGE feet - takes after his father :)

Not sure if this helps you

Nita

bjiang
06-06-2003, 10:26 AM
I bought 3 pairs of babyshoos from the coop, and I also have several pairs of Robeez. Robeez definitely fit DD much better. Babyshoos are much wider than Robeez, and they also have more variations in sizes, so each pair has slightly different shape and fit. Out of the 3 pairs I got, DD can wear 2 of them (They ARE very cute and she gets complements all the time), the 3rd pair is way too wide. I probably won't order from them again since the fit is too unpredictable.

I also love Robeez's quality. You know exactly what you are getting everytime.

blnony
06-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Rachel-
I got a pair of the Buskin's Summa Sandoolz for Audrey and they fit great. They are just plain white; but the fit is super. They have a small loop and and velcro closure so it goes snug around her ankle (and she can't get it off herself.)They leather is really soft more like a Bobux than a Robeez. I also have a problem with the Baby Shoos being too wide. They just fall off her feet. Robeez are too long and seem pretty wide too. The Bobux fit width wise, but the next size is too long. I also want to try a pair of the Daisy Roots, but the only place I've found them doesn't carry the style I'd like to try.

JElaineB
06-08-2003, 12:08 PM
I got the Navy Giraffe Babyshoos in 6-12 month size from the co-op last month. They are very cute and fit my son really well. He must have wide feet, because we have to stretch the elastic quite a bit to get them on. And his feet really fill up the shoes, width-wise. Actually I'm glad the Babyshoos co-op is placing another order in less than 2 weeks because I'm going to order another pair in the next size up. I think he will be needing them (length-wise) within a month or so.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

stillplayswithbarbies
06-08-2003, 12:30 PM
The newborn size of Babyshoos fit fine now, and Logan is 10.5 weeks old. The 0-6m size is still way too big.

They are too wide for her, but it isn't too bad.

All of the brands I have tried are too wide. Robeez, Bobux, Daisy Roots, Babyshoos.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03