PDA

View Full Version : Aquasocks?

colleenfs
06-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Do you guys think something like this is a good idea for summertime?

http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=60055&wpid=1956312

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

brubeck
06-14-2003, 04:20 PM
They are overkill for a pool but are great if you are going to beaches or a sprinkler park/toddler pool with rough/cement bottoms.

I got watershoes for my daughter last year and got her another pair this year. I love them! Of course we spend a lot of time at the sprinkler park.

FYI, I got mine at Target for $4.99.

egoldber
06-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Sarah has a pair for the pool. They keep her feet from getting scraped on the bottom. I also like for her to wear them as we walk from the pool to the shower and in the showers at the pool

Mine are Kushies brand, and I got them at BuyBuyBaby on clearance at the end of last season.

HTH,

colleenfs
06-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your advice. We do sometimes go to a water/sprinkler park type of place, and that's exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the shoes.

I looked at Target, but I couldn't find anything. I also looked at KRU, but they only had Barbie shoes, and there is no way I am dressing my baby in Barbie!! They were on sale at Old Navy for 6.99, so I guess I'll check back there.

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

sweetbasil
06-15-2003, 11:46 PM
slipping and getting hurt. DS had aquasocks last year and has them again this year. No matter how much we lecture, his little boy body just can't help but run around the pool, so when it takes a second to get that stopped, I'm a little less paranoid knowing he has a good grip with his little swimming shoes. His aren't quite as heavy-duty as the ones in the Old Navy link- they're a thin mesh top with a nice black bottom made of rubber. Surprisingly enough, I've found them (both years) at Kroger (a grocery store- not sure if you have them where you are) in the seasonal section, for $5.99ish. The brand is Sunsurfer- last year he was in a size 3 or 4 (at 18mo), this year he's in a size 6 (at 31 mo).

starrynight
06-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah both my kids have some. We use them at the community pool and when the kids are running around in the sprinkler incase of rocks and stuff in the grass. They are good to have in those cases and my son loves his, my daughter could care less if she has them on or not :).