PDA

View Full Version : Gerber Onesies are the PITS!

flagger
06-16-2003, 12:58 PM
We got what we paid for. Receipt and package are gone. Bought a set from Wally World and the quality is the absolute pits. One outfit was even completely missing the female side of the snaps.

Fired off an email to their customer service, but never heard back from them.

August Mom
06-16-2003, 04:10 PM
I agree. They are not soft at all. Try the Carter's onesies if you haven't already and want and undershirt look. They are much better IMO.

Jenmv
06-16-2003, 06:15 PM
I agree. I don't know how they manage to keep selling so many. They are just so scratchy. For relatively inexpensive onsies I like the Carters knock off brand that they sell at Target. I think they're called 'Tykes'.

momathome
06-16-2003, 09:01 PM
I, too, love the Carters onesies. The cheapest place I have seen them is Kids R Us. Good luck!
-Lauren

Melanie
06-16-2003, 10:06 PM
We found Gerber to be consistently substandard: onesie, side-snap shirts, gowns & sleepers! All felt like sandpaper compared to Carter's.

flagger
06-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Yep really substandard. We have plenty of the Carters and the Tykes, but gosh these Gerber's stink.

Just posted as an FYI and warning.

celfsh
06-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Interesting. I guess I am the odd one out here, but I haven't ever noticed much difference between the Carter's and Gerber onesies. IMHO, they are pretty similar and neither one is that great of quality--in which case I would just buy what is cheaper. Just my two cents!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

vikivoly
06-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Ditto on the Gerber. YUCK! The Target Tykes are nice, but they don't have the reinforced material on the snaps.

MartiesMom2B
06-17-2003, 04:56 PM
We have onesies from Simply Basic, they are the Wal-mart brand. We like them. They are softer than the gerber ones. I don't have any big complaints about the Gerber Onesies but I guess I subconsciously reach for the other ones first. I got a good deal on Carter onesies at their outlet store.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

TracyBee
07-01-2003, 03:15 PM
I don't like the Gerber ones or the Carter's ones. The only brand that I have found that is of high quality is the Sprokets brand from Mervyn's - they are made so incredibly well - and they're inexpensive to boot!

stillplayswithbarbies
07-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Kushies are awesome, soft and durable. And only $1.99 each at kidsurplus.com

I find myself reaching for them first, and then doing laundry when only the Gerber are left. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

ScrapNancy
07-09-2003, 11:13 AM
I feel like a onesie expert since we live in HOT Florida and our 2 mo. old dau lives in hers!

The Gerber onesies we've got (pink prints purchased at Target) have held up pretty well through many washings. HOWEVER, they are not as soft and heavy a fabric as some of the others we have. There is no doubt that they look more like undies than an outfit. But they serve well for wearing around the house, sleeping, etc.

We also have some of the Tykes and Sincerely Pooh onesies from Target. (Are you sensing I like Target? LOL) They are much softer, more substantial fabric and look much more like an outfit than underwear. They have washed well, in addition. I put these on her when we are going out somewhere, or someone is coming over.

Hope this helps!

Nancy
SAHM to Bridget, May 9th, 2003

colleenfs
07-09-2003, 12:14 PM
I found the Gerber onesies to be very rough in texture and to run quite small. Carter's onesies are quite big - Julia ciuld fit into a 6-9 month size til she was 15 months - and a bit softer. The softest ones I have found are the BRU/KRU brand by Miniwear.

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

MartiesMom2B
07-10-2003, 07:28 AM
We just had to buy some Gerber onesies at Wal-mart in a pinch because I forgot to pack a onesie for Martie to wear under her party dress. To my suprise they felt silky. I looked at the package and I guess they've redone their fabric, but I like the new silky feeling of the onesies. They are still thin, but that's what I want for underwear.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

josephsmom
07-14-2003, 11:13 AM
I have also liked the soft texture, and appreciated the light weight for summer. However, I've noticed several holes after just one or two washings. These aren't holes at the seams or crotch, but within the knit fabric. No more Gerbers for us.

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

vluckey
07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
I agree, Simply Basic are very nice quality for the price.