PDA

View Full Version : What size should I buy?

agomalley
06-23-2003, 08:43 AM
My DS, Ryan, is 2.5 months old. He has been wearing 3-6 month clothes for about 3 weeks now. About 2 weeks ago he weighed 12-6 and was 23 and a quarter inches long. I'm finding that the 3-6 month one piece outfits fit fine and some are even "just" fitting at the crotch/snap area. My questions are...

1) I bought him some adorable 6-12 month stuff at Babygap and Gymboree. I'm thinking he will be in it by the end of the summer/early fall. I bought summery stuff. Do you think it will be OK?

2) I'd like to buy some summer sale stuff for next year? What size do you think I should purchase?

This sizing thing is so confusing, especially since he is my first and I have NO experience with this.

Thanks,
Anabelle and Ryan 4-9-03

partyof5
06-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi Anabelle!

I think the 6-12 month clothes should be fine for the summer. Depending how much your son grows, you may need a size 12-18 month at the end of summer but I would wait and see. My son is about the same age as yours and I also bought clothes only up to the 12 month size.

As for next summer, you could buy 24 months to 2T and he would probably fit depending on the brand of clothing. I usually read the tag stating the height and weight to get a better idea of sizing. My kids are usually in the 95th percentile for height and weight so I always like to buy bigger clothes since they grow out of them so quickly. In my opinion, when buying clothes for next year bigger is always better since they can grow into them. HTH!

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

kaitlinsmommy
06-24-2003, 12:21 AM
I think your Gap & Gymboree stuff will be fine. I find both brands to run true to size & Gap is especially good for long babies.

I agree 24 months will probably be good for next summer.