PDA

View Full Version : Baptism clothes for the older baby

newbelly2002
06-30-2003, 03:49 AM
We're a little behind the eight ball, I'll be the first to admit.

Finally, we're getting around to getting Dante baptised, just days before his first birthday. It's been a bit of a complex situation: religion, continents, etc. I would love to have used my Dad's christening gown, but it is far too small.

Dante runs pretty true to size and is somewhere between 21 and 25 pounds, so just cresting into the 12-18 mth. size. I'm looking over here in Germany too, but time is running short. Does anyone have any good leads on where to find clothes for the older baby?

TIA!
Paula, Mama to Dante
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32384e84594 -6/25 update

millerpjm
06-30-2003, 08:40 AM
JCPenney.com has a few boy's christening outfits that go up to 24 months.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (4 1/2 months)

cinrein
06-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Strasburg children has some nice things.

http://www.strasburgchildren.com/index.html

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

JMarie
06-30-2003, 04:13 PM
We got Aidan's gown at jordanmarie.com and they have traditional Eton suits up to 24 month sizes. We did buy it in the store, and their website has more selection. They are more expensive, but they had exactly what we wanted. Good luck and congrats to Dante!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

sweetbasil
06-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Paula,
I too love Strasburg...and another great online place is www.houseofhattenoutlet.com--- just check their Christening/Layettes section for some nice gowns. Good luck- I can't wait to see pics of little Dante on his special day!

:)

JustMare
06-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Sorry can't help you Paula, but you sparked a question I had:

Has anyone seen a white onesie trimed in white satin to wear AFTER you take off the christening clothes??

We're planning on having the Baptism 3-4 wks after birth (it's a tradition on both sides of our family). My Grandmother is currently making a christening gown from the train of my wedding dress.

This gown is going to be ridiculously traditional (read: big and long!) I'd like to change the baby out of it during the reception to something simple and comfortable. A cute but fancy onesie or sleeper would be perfect.

Anyone know if those fancy stores (Jacari, Jordan Marie, etc..) carry anything like this??? I've never stepped foot in a fancy baby store yet :)

mommyj
07-01-2003, 02:36 AM
House of Hatten, which someone above mentioned, has a white bubble that looks like it might work. It even has a little matching hat. If you go to www.houseofhatten.com, click on the "outlet store," and then look under the christening/layette section. Their prices are really reasonable. I've never ordered from them, but I've emailed them with a few questions and have always received a quick reponse.
I'm going to order my baby's coming home outfit from them...I'm just waiting until my due date is less than 30 days away, because they only do returns for 30 days, and I have to buy an outfit for a boy and a girl since our baby wouldn't let us see if s/he's a boy or girl.
Anyway, you might want to check out their website.

newbelly2002
07-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll start checking them out. I was really hoping for a suit not a gown since he was born with a full head of hair and from about seven months on has really looked more like a little boy than a baby. Glad to see that that looks like a possibility!

Paula, Mama to Dante
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32384e84594 -6/25 update