PDA

View Full Version : shoe sizes?

jojo2324
07-02-2003, 09:38 PM
On average, how frequently do your little ones move up in size? Gannon is currently in size 5, but those seem really tight! He was only in size 4 last month! I have not had him professionally measured, but I make sure with each pair I buy that I can push my thumb down around his big toe.

Anyway, I am just trying to get a number to present to DH (ha ha!! really my DH now! :D) so he doesn't tweak each time I bring home a pair of shoes. TIA!

Marisa6826
07-02-2003, 11:07 PM
You're pregnant?! YAY!

I think you and Beth secretly planned this so you can stay in BBB and not move onto Toddlers! :)

CONGRATS!

-m

mom2kandj
07-03-2003, 12:29 AM
We generally go shoe shopping every three months, but get the kids' feet measured every 6 weeks. There have been periods where we've outgrown shoes in two months or slowed down to five months. If the kids' shoes are tight, they let me know!

We are lucky enough to have a Stride Rite Outlet (shoes run about half of retail at the mall stores) relatively close to our home and a grandma who loves to buy shoes (& only Stride Rite will do for grandma). Because most of the shoes are about $20 a pair, it is normal for us to leave with 3 - 4 pairs per child every three months. We usually buy one pair of tennis shoes, one pair of sandals, and one pair of dressier shoes(mary janes or t-strap for her and hiking boots for him). We also purchase at least one pair of shoes in a size larger than the others, so that if we hit a growth spurt, at least one pair of shoes will fit them.

HTH and won't send DH into a tizzy! :)

Rose
mom 2 Katie (31 months)
& Jack (14 months)