PDA

View Full Version : What does your older baby wear at night to sleep?

Torey
07-04-2003, 11:06 AM
My 6 month old daughter is close to 18 lbs and rapidly outgrowing her 6-9 month sleepers. The problem is, I can't find any sleepers with feet in a 9-12 month or larger size. Even though it is summer, we keep the air on at night and it gets kind of cold in here. Plus, she kicks her blankets everywhere, but then wakes herself up if she gets cold (the times I have tried to put her to sleep in a onesie or other short sleeved or footless garment). So does anyone else have this problem, or know where I can buy footed sleepers for a larger baby in July?

Momof3Labs
07-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Baby Gap and The Children's Place both carry footed sleepers in larger sizes. We have outlets for both available nearby and get these sleepers pretty cheap!

stillplayswithbarbies
07-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Kushies has a lightweight footed sleeper in larger sizes. The foot part can be folded over the foot or not. I got one at either www.kellyscloset.com or www.kidsurplus.com, I forget which.

I also have a sleeper made by Jockey that I got at TJ Maxx or Marshalls that is the same style, in size 12 months.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Karenn
07-04-2003, 12:20 PM
I put Colin in a Halo sleep sack over whatever pajamas he is wearing and that keeps him covered all night long. For summer, we are using the lightweight cotton ones. I've had a rough time finding footed pajamas for an older baby too.

HTH,

Torey
07-04-2003, 01:48 PM
I just checked out kellyscloset and saw the Kushies sleepers in 12-18 month sizes. Hooray!!! I'm going to order some soon. Thanks so much.

Andrea S
07-05-2003, 07:16 AM
Gap and Janie & Jack have them. Andrew does not keep his covers on either.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

schums
07-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Carters has footed PJs through 18 months. Also, for heavier sleepers, try Land's End. My mom got some there I think in 24 month size.

Sarah

August Mom
07-08-2003, 01:49 PM
I was on the hunt for footed sleepers in larger sizes too, but after DS started cruising, and now walking, I've found that I prefer the sleepers without feet. I think that it's easier for DS to get around before we put him to bed and when we get up in the morning but before he has his new outfit on. We use Halo sleepsacks, so his feet aren't cold. We have cotton ones for warm weather and fleece ones for cold weather. HTH

Marisa6826
07-08-2003, 03:38 PM
I recently bought larger one piece footed jammies at Buy Buy Baby. They were on sale for something like $8 or $9. They were their own brand.

-m